Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I said is that I don't want to see anyone slip through the cracks due to lack of traffic. If you sucked before this whole thing happened then you still suck. If you were doing well then you're doing well. We had a couple of early certifications when the writing was on the wall that this was going to happen. I am totally against the idea that you get a checkride simply because you have reached the end of your hours.
Perhaps I am taking you too literally but a check ride at the end of hours is required, either it goes well or not and it helps people move on in the process.

Perhaps I am taking you too literally but a check ride at the end of hours is required, either it goes well or not and it helps people move on in the process.
A skills check is required at the end of target hours but it’s not necessarily a check ride. If you have months of poor performance and your OJTI’s are not recommending you, you can get lucky and have a perfect final skills check but it don’t mean you will for sure get certified.

A skills check is required at the end of target hours but it’s not necessarily a check ride. If you have months of poor performance and your OJTI’s are not recommending you, you can get lucky and have a perfect final skills check but it don’t mean you will for sure get certified.
Ah my mistake then lads, I have never seen a skills check at end of hours just check rides XD

If someone reaches max hours, they receive a certification skill check. They're a little different than a monthly performance skill check.

All I said is that I don't want to see anyone slip through the cracks due to lack of traffic. If you sucked before this whole thing happened then you still suck. If you were doing well then you're doing well. We had a couple of early certifications when the writing was on the wall that this was going to happen. I am totally against the idea that you get a checkride simply because you have reached the end of your hours.
People slip through the cracks all the time. And you know what, we work around them. Getting busy? Slide back to FD and get someone else in here to work the traffic. Supes figure out a way to get their currency. Is it ideal? No. Should it be done that way? Jury is out on that I guess. But let's be honest, someone's gotta work the mid. Lol

I don't necessarily want to work next to that person but it is what it is. It's our job to work under adverse conditions.

Call it what you will but anyone who thinks you just need to ace that and it’s a guaranteed certification regardless of what happen the last 400 hours is nuts.

You are right. The whole idea of "sink or swim" on a final certification skill check due to exhausting all hours , is asanine. In real life it is not a true certification check ride no matter what the training order calls it. It would be amazingly detrimental to the job and the NAS to just certify someone terrible because they happened to not kill anybody for one hour of their ATC lives, despite months worth of shitshows and Box 1s lol. Sink or swim mentality = bad!

giphy.gif

Again, every single post-9/11 CPC has "slipped through the cracks due to lack of traffic". You certify based on what you're going to see in the average day buddy

For those of you that were doing lab problems during the shut down, how did they handle things for you when things restarted? Obviously this is a bit of a different situation, but just trying to gauge what we might expect. If you were doing FAMs, did they just have you restart all of them? Or did you do some extra spool up problems then keep going?

They set us back ten days from where we were at. I wasn't in labs yet but I believe it was a ten day reset across the academy. For those that were supposed to eval they were reset ten days in the labs as well.

They set us back ten days from where we were at. I wasn't in labs yet but I believe it was a ten day reset across the academy. For those that were supposed to eval they were reset ten days in the labs as well.
I was referring to lab training at facilities, not the Academy, they’re their own animal lol.

Cool, I just hope the 16 I finished will still count. We only get 1 problem a day max so that’s nearly a month worth of problems lol.
It’ll prolly come down to wya you guys say your comfortable with. Don’t wash out over it. But if you say your good with just a few they’ll prolly let you continue

Cool, I just hope the 16 I finished will still count. We only get 1 problem a day max so that’s nearly a month worth of problems lol.
Whaaaat? How many people are in lab at once? We can have two people in lab at a time (only run a morning shift in the lab) and each run four problems a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom