Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t wanna take this thread in another direction, but interesting conversation at work last night, do you think people home on EA shouldn’t earn SL?? You figure, all the controllers working, during this awful Chinese virus are using their annual, sick leave, subject to discipline etc etc while a bunch of people are chillin at home racking up the leave....just a thought, but where’s the #HazardPay

Don’t wanna take this thread in another direction, but interesting conversation at work last night, do you think people home on EA shouldn’t earn SL?? You figure, all the controllers working, during this awful Chinese virus are using their annual, sick leave, subject to discipline etc etc while a bunch of people are chillin at home racking up the leave....just a thought, but where’s the #HazardPay
You could definitely make the argument but there’s no way to do that and it’s not their fault they are on EA so you can’t punish them for it.

Disagree. Because technically EA Is recallable and if you need to do something on EA during normal admin hours you should be using leave.

You could definitely make the argument but there’s no way to do that and it’s not their fault they are on EA so you can’t punish them for it.
I agree with you, thought it was an interesting point trying to be made. Best one was that should lose NATCA seniority lol

I agree with you, thought it was an interesting point trying to be made. Best one was that should lose NATCA seniority lol
I don’t think people on EA could lose seniority, but I know of a few that have been out for months on LWOP that could have a case made against them.

The trainees are working and recallable. No they shouldn’t lose sick leave. What if they need knee surgery next year they shouldn’t have any sick leave banked? How much of a sad sack do you have to be to take away someone’s benefits at this point

My facility has us (on EA) take leave if we're unavailable for any reason during work hours. Like for a doctor/dentist appointment.

Agree with Hazard pay. It's the only right/fair thing to do. I was out for 6+ months on EA. My facility was bitter that I got that, I'm bitter that I got recalled that soon (vs those who have equal high-riskness and are still home). Hazard pay would alleviate this quite a bit. I thought my colleagues should get it while I was on EA, I think I should be getting it now.

My facility has us (on EA) take leave if we're unavailable for any reason during work hours. Like for a doctor/dentist appointment.
My facility specifically said if you’re beyond 100 miles from the facility during work hours under any circumstances, you have to put in for annual.

And anyone who thinks people who have been FORCED to sit on EA against their will should be punished in any way can go fuck themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom