Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are check rides off the table as well? We have a developmental that has a recommendation on Monday but the supes don’t wanna give her a check ride. Our ATM said it was fine but the supes still refuses cause it’s not in writing. Any ideas?

Are check rides off the table as well? We have a developmental that has a recommendation on Monday but the supes don’t wanna give her a check ride. Our ATM said it was fine but the supes still refuses cause it’s not in writing. Any ideas?
Should be fine. Only thing not allowed is OJTI... And skill check and certification checks don't count towards OJTI hours for National Training Initiative purposes... OJTI and NTI suspended is all.

I kinda feel the Easter thing isn’t going to happen. Trump says a lot of stuff he thinks people want to hear, i.e. ‘everything will be back to normal by Easter’ but when everyone around him says that’s not possible, I think the idea will fizzle out.

I think he's already backed off Easter. It was a goal. Just like everyone returning on April 1 was originally a goal that clearly turned out to be very unrealistic. Outside of government, people need to hear something to look towards because outside of government, a lot of people are losing their jobs. A goal gets set and then it gets revised. If you say July 1 then you're going to have a lot of panic.

Should be fine. Only thing not allowed is OJTI... And skill check and certification checks don't count towards OJTI hours for National Training Initiative purposes... OJTI and NTI suspended is all.
Everything I got said cert rides and skill checks were also discontinued

I think he's already backed off Easter. It was a goal. Just like everyone returning on April 1 was originally a goal that clearly turned out to be very unrealistic. Outside of government, people need to hear something to look towards because outside of government, a lot of people are losing their jobs. A goal gets set and then it gets revised. If you say July 1 then you're going to have a lot of panic.
Don't worry little Timmy we will go to Disney world next weekend! I promise!

Continuing to lie to the public and setting arbitrary, unobtainable dates based on nothing but cheetoh's feeling isn't inspiring confidence in anybody with a brain. It's just proving our leadership on a national level is ill equipped to deal with this, and has little idea what is going on or any plan to limit the effects. It's irresponsible and bad leadership.

But they won’t be back training April 15th. It’s not hard what I’m saying. If you have R sides and are at work, you’ll be working your sectors. Since you’re in the radar environment is spool time really necessary

Is that the position you're training on? I'm sure the answer is no. So yeah, spool time for the positions where one is receiving OJT.

Even if this goes 29 days and then everybody comes back, it'd be insane not to do spool time. Easy obvious instant claim in a TRB or grievance.

Don't worry little Timmy we will go to Disney world next weekend! I promise!

Continuing to lie to the public and setting arbitrary, unobtainable dates based on nothing but cheetoh's feeling isn't inspiring confidence in anybody with a brain. It's just proving our leadership on a national level is ill equipped to deal with this, and has little idea what is going on or any plan to limit the effects. It's irresponsible and bad leadership.

Even Disney said they were going to be open on April 1 and when they closed and said April 1 it was probably a realistic goal at the time. They just said yesterday they are closed indefinitely. This thing has gotten significantly worse every single day. The airlines weren't planning on cancelling May but they pretty much have now.

We are all very fortunate that not only do we not have to worry about our incomes but we're even going to make more money now than we normally would have. It's very scary times for a lot of people who are afraid or already have lost their income.

If someone was ready for a check ride and recommended by “good trainers” then the agency would be stupid no certifying them. At this rate they will need spook up time and it will be four months until they are done. Let them cert and they will build up with traffic whenever it decides to come back. We have a guy ready for LCs and I’ve been hounding management every time I saw them lol.

Anyone hear of any updates as far as training/non essentials to? Wondering if they’re still planning on that April 15th idea. Haven’t heard a thing from our training dept. or NATCA.

I was 4 weeks into my first 2 D-sides, does anybody know if the spool up time would just be an extension to your hours, or send you back to the dysim? I personally wish they just give us an extension

Anyone hear of any updates as far as training/non essentials to? Wondering if they’re still planning on that April 15th idea. Haven’t heard a thing from our training dept. or NATCA.
My training manager said their current guidance was April 30. But I really think that’s just based on the current federal guidance and will change accordingly.

I was 4 weeks into my first 2 D-sides, does anybody know if the spool up time would just be an extension to your hours, or send you back to the dysim? I personally wish they just give us an extension

You shouldn't have to go back to labs. I was on my first rside and was told as long as I officially started training I wouldn't have to return to the dysim.

My training manager said their current guidance was April 30. But I really think that’s just based on the current federal guidance and will change accordingly.
Damn, I guess I’ll start trying to get a job in the mean time.

You train as normal, the hours They give for spool just don’t get added to your total

You shouldn't have to go back to labs. I was on my first rside and was told as long as I officially started training I wouldn't have to return to the dysim.
i think a lot of us should expect extra lab problems to get certified since traffic is going to be way down when we get back.

Not sure I'd this helps anyone, but I was in the last class to graduate from the academy. Training manager told me a few days ago to expect may 1st as my report date, but then I also have to self quarantine for 2 weeks so basically may 15th.

Not sure I'd this helps anyone, but I was in the last class to graduate from the academy. Training manager told me a few days ago to expect may 1st as my report date, but then I also have to self quarantine for 2 weeks so basically may 15th.
What facility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom