Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re the one advocating that they should be furloughed for years. So you must think you are. Or you’re just another troll. Seems to be a common problem here lately

I'm not advocating for it. I'm saying it's inevitable, and everyone thinks I'm crazy for saying its inevitable. Big difference between advocating for it and seeing the writing on the walls.

I'm not advocating for it. I'm saying it's inevitable, and everyone thinks I'm crazy for saying its inevitable. Big difference between advocating for it and seeing the writing on the walls.
So what about the devs that are “essential” furlough them too? Or force them to work and forgo any potential raises for years and affect their career earnings and retirement? Sorry sucks to be you, you deserve to earn less because you were hired a couple years, 6 months, however long after a CPC?

So what about the devs that are “essential” furlough them too?
no they'd probably stay since they're already on the gravy train at work... but it depends on what happens with the OJT training initiative.
Or force them to work and forgo any potential raises for years and affect their career earnings and retirement? Sorry sucks to be you, you deserve to earn less because you were hired a couple years, 6 months, however long after a CPC?
"just be glad you have a job" as the veterans would say...

I'm not sure that's how furloughs in the work force would play out. Every trainee but one in my building is a CPC-IT. Some have seniority on current CPCs in the building and throughout the NAS.
I know I’m more senior than a lot of tower CPCs at this point.

The contract doesn't say furloughs have to go by seniority. Sucks for those in CPCIT and DEV positions at home. see ya in a few years when we deem you all worthy to come back.
So what does the contract say about furloughing employees for "years"?

no they'd probably stay since they're already on the gravy train at work... but it depends on what happens with the OJT training initiative.

"just be glad you have a job" as the veterans would say...
This make shit up game is fun! Do they get back pay like during a shutdown? Imagine after being gone for five years, no, ten years and being called back. That TRB would be interesting. How's retirement work? So many questions, please tell me what the contract says and how this all works.

Do they get back pay like during a shutdown?
No, that's why it's called a furlough.

Imagine after being gone for five years, no, ten years and being called back. That TRB would be interesting.
You start over from square 1, obviously. Redo classroom and all. Stop being dramatic, we are talking about 6-18 months probably, not 10 years.

How's retirement work?
Not sure. I assume your retirement stays in your funds (TSP, FERS) but since you're not contributing you just wouldn't have that contribution. Seems simple to me, but I have no idea.

Go read the contract yourself.

There won’t be furloughs, no need for that discussion. The day traffic picks up and regular schedules are needed there will be no social distancing to worry about and trainees will return
This is a joke, right? Traffic ain't coming back over night. Most are predicting it'll be years before we see pre-covid level again. Social distancing will be around for years. You don't even see the affects of stopping training for years down the road, and the same goes for starting it back up. There is absolutely no way the agency is going to pay people to sit at home for years until this is over.

I'm just saying that if they're planning on furloughs, virtually onboarding people just to give them a couple months pay followed by furloughs seems like an odd choice.
You must be pretty new if you think the agency does things that make sense or use any type of logic.

This guy is 99% my supervisor. He only shows up to treat others like crap, and remind us that while he can retire, the rest of us are somehow going to be screwed. He's been on here a day and the word "salty" is literally in his user name. That's a hint.

I'm not gonna say there is zero possibility of furloughs, but I will strongly suggest you all immediately cease giving this guy any further attention. Someone who only creates an account to say something that stirs up fear, stress and anxiety in a bunch of people who are already stressed and anxious enough... that's a staple of something ugly.

That will be my only comment on this subject. Now back to our regular program: drinking and GTA Online.

This guy is 99% my supervisor. He only shows up to treat others like crap, and remind us that while he can retire, the rest of us are somehow going to be screwed. He's been on here a day and the word "salty" is literally in his user name. That's a hint.

I'm not gonna say there is zero possibility of furloughs, but I will strongly suggest you all immediately cease giving this guy any further attention. Someone who only creates an account to say something that stirs up fear, stress and anxiety in a bunch of people who are already stressed and anxious enough... that's a staple of something ugly.

That will be my only comment on this subject. Now back to our regular program: drinking and GTA Online.
I’m nowhere close to retirement. I’m just sick of everyone acting like furloughs could never happen. Which in turn makes me salty.

This is a joke, right? Traffic ain't coming back over night. Most are predicting it'll be years before we see pre-covid level again. Social distancing will be around for years. You don't even see the affects of stopping training for years down the road, and the same goes for starting it back up. There is absolutely no way the agency is going to pay people to sit at home for years until this is over.
The only joke I see is you. I didn’t say training would take place right away did I? Think you got lost looking for stuckmic. We will see every other area of federal government get mass furloughs before ATC is even considered.

The only joke I see is you. I didn’t say training would take place right away did I? Think you got lost looking for stuckmic. We will see every other area of federal government get mass furloughs before ATC is even considered.

I hope you’re right; but why do you all think paying ~2000 people to sit at home doing nothing and getting paid is sustainable for any length of time?

I’m nowhere close to retirement. I’m just sick of everyone acting like furloughs could never happen. Which in turn makes me salty.

I don't think there will be furloughs in an election year. The circumstances are such that if there was ever gonna be, THIS would be the time; but they do not want to add to the unemployment numbers. We are supposed to be in a "recovery" afterall.

Im salty too tho. I feel milennial level entitled to Hazard pay! Among other things. I am left to just drink and marinate in my salt.

why do you all think paying ~2000 people to sit at home doing nothing and getting paid is sustainable for any length of time?

because its the Fed govt. , its not run like a business. They just printed like 6 trillion dollars and counting. #TrusttheProcess #BestJobinThworld

I hope you’re right; but why do you all think paying ~2000 people to sit at home doing nothing and getting paid is sustainable for any length of time?
I don’t. I think the FAA will pay us all to sit at work doing nothing, like they have a loooooong history of doing such as centers where people don’t even get a class for almost a year. Some places will train sooner than others. Some already have traffic that can be trained and certified on. Some will sit around. But they will report, not be furloughed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom