Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are just as confused as we are. Said they’d find out and let us know.

We weren’t recalled back to training. Just recalled so we could recert and not lapse over 120 days.
NATCA national and the FAA relayed that facilities should hold off on recerts reference the 120 days rule. They didn't really say why which is weird to me.

NATCA national and the FAA relayed that facilities should hold off on recerts reference the 120 days rule. They didn't really say why which is weird to me.
We were all 110+ days into it. Most of us had 1 week left until the 120 day mark.

We were all 110+ days into it. Most of us had 1 week left until the 120 day mark.

Hope they call you back in to finish before you lapse. My partner was officially recalled at day 126 to start back on day 130, pending a waiver. Called her in the car on her way in on day 130, told her to stay home until the waiver came through. That was in May, she's still at home and was recently told to stop being a squeaky wheel about it all. Shut up and enjoy your time off - and starting completely from scratch if this manages to stretch a couple more months... This while folks who were behind her in training who WERE recalled in time are now upstairs in the classroom taking the class she was in when she was sent home.

On the upside, we learned to fish, and I think we're going to buy a hole in the water to throw money in.

Which Z? Pretty sure there's covid cases at the academy right now...
I think several Zs have had level 3 cleanings this week. It sounds like ppl were brought back for currency and that wasn’t really supposed to happen.

No it means that people went golfing with each other or had parties or other responsible crap. COVID won’t touch me attitude.
Well everyone’s doing that. The question is why did one unnamed faculty Yeet a bunch of people quickly

If facilities are being told to go back to their normal schedule and we're mixing a matching all the crews back together it doesn't really matter at this point. We all work so close to each other there's no way to stop this virus from spreading if someone gets it if it's as contagious as it's being reported. Does anyone know if they are saying anything about natca meetings being allowed to be held? There's so much hear say about training and other things at my facility it would be nice to squash some of it.

If facilities are being told to go back to their normal schedule and we're mixing a matching all the crews back together it doesn't really matter at this point. We all work so close to each other there's no way to stop this virus from spreading if someone gets it if it's as contagious as it's being reported. Does anyone know if they are saying anything about natca meetings being allowed to be held? There's so much hear say about training and other things at my facility it would be nice to squash some of it.
Virtual natca meetings are happening.

Sounds grand. I'd appreciate even that much at this point. We literally have just been playing pong with an email chain for the entire year at this point.
Yeah hit up your rep and suggest it, they may not even know how to use Zoom for all we know, you could even volunteer to organize/set it up.

We’ve had 2 since the beginning of the pandemic, attendance is up since people can just call or video in while they are driving, etc. don’t have to physically be at the facility or meeting location.

So who all at a Center has been back to recertify to prevent the 120 lapse rule? Wanting to see something.

D6E4E2C6-09B7-4E11-B649-07657C624574.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom