Travel Card?

bgvb

Lurker
I’m going out to a terminal transfers class next week. The paperwork was taking awhile to be released so I reached out to the hotel I wanted to stay at and had a reservation made. I guess housing needs to be handled through E2 but E2 wasn’t giving the option to book at the hotel’s FAA rate. They want me to keep the reservation I made and get the travel card so I can use it to pay for the hotel.

Doing some reading about the travel card, it sounds like I’d be on the hook for a payment until the FAA reimburses the full amount of the hotel. This doesn’t sound like the best option considering the card wouldn’t even get here before I have to leave for OKC.

I don’t think I’m getting the best guidance from the facility as far as housing is concerned. Can anyone who has been through the transfers class recently let me know how their housing was handled?

https://www.fedrooms.com/home.html works real well. You can use it for some leisure travel as well, just have to show your government ID.

I don't think you have to get a travel card if you travel twice or less in one year. That way you can get hotel / airline / credit card points on your own card and get reimbursed from the FAA.

Back
Top Bottom