Travel stipend

kandyhart

If you get $62 a day for the living stipend but your rent is $45 a day, do you get to keep the difference? Or will you only get paid the amount that your rent is?

Not anymore. Housing allowances are paid directly to the lodging provider, it’s no longer included in per diem.
Because people used to stack up in Kim’s for the cheaper rate to pocket the difference, you can’t do that anymore. Apparently a government shutdown led to people not getting per diem paid out so then they had to pay out of pocket for their housing until congress pulled it together and passed a budget. Now it’s all done out of a central account to the housing provider directly. So people don’t get screwed by the wheels of government.

Not anymore. Housing allowances are paid directly to the lodging provider, it’s no longer included in per diem.
Because people used to stack up in Kim’s for the cheaper rate to pocket the difference, you can’t do that anymore. Apparently a government shutdown led to people not getting per diem paid out so then they had to pay out of pocket for their housing until congress pulled it together and passed a budget. Now it’s all done out of a central account to the housing provider directly. So people don’t get screwed by the wheels of government.
I banked so much money and 3x hôtel points at Kim’s. It was amazing

Headed back for rtf right now and pocketing a bunch of money.
I'm heading to rtf next month... I was told that because of when I was hired (2014) I can be grandfathered into the old way it was done when you were able to pocket the money. The place I'm staying charges the long term housing rate so I'm not going to pocket as much money but I have the Marriot card so I'm going to be racking up points for both RTF and TSEW

I'm heading to rtf next month... I was told that because of when I was hired (2014) I can be grandfathered into the old way it was done when you were able to pocket the money. The place I'm staying charges the long term housing rate so I'm not going to pocket as much money but I have the Marriot card so I'm going to be racking up points for both RTF and TSEW
Think we're going to the same class, aug8? Did they give you a TSEW class as well?

Damn. What hotel are you staying at? Every where near the 62.40 I looked at was kind of methy.
At OKC I'm staying at the Marriott Residence Inn NW OKC downtown. They matched the long term housing rate plus I'm bringing a car so I can drive to the academy

Back
Top Bottom