travel to the academy

funny, but inaccurate

yes I completed CIL in one place, but given the choice I would move back to my family in Europe for the prolonged duration between clearance and FOL
Your home of record will likely be the city/state listed on your CIL. You could always reach out to Aviation Careers to see if that could change, but a move out of the country could trigger a security investigation. YMMV.

Your home of record will likely be the city/state listed on your CIL. You could always reach out to Aviation Careers to see if that could change, but a move out of the country could trigger a security investigation. YMMV.
What about visiting family in the Caribbean for two weeks? Would that trigger a security investigation? Do I need to notify my security POC as a new hire? Is it best not to go so my conditional clearance doesn’t get revoked?

Sorry for all the questions. I just haven’t seen my family in over 2 years since covid, and I was gonna go visit them before the academy. Right now, I’m in awaiting a class date status.

What about visiting family in the Caribbean for two weeks? Would that trigger a security investigation? Do I need to notify my security POC as a new hire? Is it best not to go so my conditional clearance doesn’t get revoked?

Sorry for all the questions. I just haven’t seen my family in over 2 years since covid, and I was gonna go visit them before the academy. Right now, I’m in awaiting a class date status.
That seems more like a visit vs moving. At some point you will have to let them know about your visits outside of the country that's when you'd tell them about the trip.

No you are absolutely allowed to go visit family. I don't even think a move out of the country in the meantime would trigger an investigation unless it was to north Korea or something.

That seems more like a visit vs moving. At some point you will have to let them know about your visits outside of the country that's when you'd tell them about the trip.
Yeah, I listed all my visits outside the country when I completed eQIP.

I just dunno if I should notify my security POC beforehand, or if I should just report it whenever it’s time to report it again?

Last edited:

You’re more than welcome to call HR.

Back
Top Bottom