TSEW

Pixel

Hi all, I was hoping to get some more recent feedback from those that were prior CPC radar certified prior to going to TSEW. Do you recommend going? Do you feel you could have received the same training at your facility? etc. etc.

Went to TSEW for my First radar facility, but I have been told it is the best class the FAA offers, and I couldn’t agree more.

Yes, way better than RTF. There is no grading, as it is a workshop. Not a class. You will learn to work final efficiently and structured airspace. You will learn how to build gaps on final and fill them, run staggered simultaneous approaches to parallel runways, and run final to minimum separation.

Yes, way better than RTF. There is no grading, as it is a workshop. Not a class. You will learn to work final efficiently and structured airspace. You will learn how to build gaps on final and fill them, run staggered simultaneous approaches to parallel runways, and run final to minimum separation.
Then you show up to your facility and they say... "alright forget all that academy shit" or you have a nervous supe that says "add a mile and smile"

Fraud, waste and abuse at its finest. Nothing like being sent somewhere for training just to have it undermined as soon as you get back.

It's good for understanding and missing other sectors airspace like you would at a busier place, and seeing a hole and filling the hole far out with arrivals and departures. Besides that it's basically the same stuff I learned in RTF, they just focus more on you actually understanding the concept of 'C to A'.

Back
Top Bottom