-

Updated --/--/----

Operational Info​

External Links​

A/FD

Local Area​

External Links​

Hey all,

How is U90? staffing wise and traffic wise? I am at ZAN, looking to possibly put in for U90 in the coming months.

Thanks!

Hey all,

How is U90? staffing wise and traffic wise? I am at ZAN, looking to possibly put in for U90 in the coming months.

Thanks!

"You can tell him/her staffing is low but we have 4 inbound trainees. We probably won’t be able to pick anyone else up for a while. Never hurts to put thier paperwork in."

Quote from my facrep at U90

"You can tell him/her staffing is low but we have 4 inbound trainees. We probably won’t be able to pick anyone else up for a while. Never hurts to put thier paperwork in."

Quote from my facrep at U90
U90 has 1 1st round selection and 4 2nd round selections on the Feb NCEPT.

I believe you, that's what my facrep said, and I showed him a screenshot of your question. If you want more info I have messaged you my # if you want to text
Somebody else inquired about U90. I was just correcting the statement by your FacRep so that guy didn't get bad information. There are many FacReps that don't really understand NCEPT unfortunately.
@Mike Sweet

What's it like here? I heard it could be a PITA for a lvl 8. What are the pros and cons? What's it like living in Tuscon?

I'm at U90. Overall it's great, mostly great people. Tucson itself is a great little town, only negative is no centralized highway so it's all city/stop and go driving from one side to the other. Surrounded by mountains, you can go from 110 degrees desert to low 60 degrees and forest in 1 hour on top of Mt. Lemmon.

ATC wise yeah it can be a PITA. MVA's are crazy because of the mountains. KTUS and KDMA 5 miles away from each other. Heavy guard F16 (all F16's are based at KTUS) and A10 traffic mixed in with air carries and GA. It's also a class C so tracon sequences everyone to the runway. Towers only job should be "cleared to land". We have STARS but they don't help much when the F16/A10's dump out of the MOA's.

Anything else PM me.

Currently in the process to transfer from DoD civilian to FAA and have a good possibility of going to U90. Does anyone have any updated details of the facility, training program, and environment they could share? Airspace and traffic volumes I’m somewhat familiar with, but didn’t know if there have been any major changes to prepare for. Any help or advice is appreciated!

We had a big backlog of trainees but that’s mostly been cleared up so you shouldn’t experience any training delays. U90 is a pretty chill, tight-knit facility. The complexity of the traffic is challenging sometimes, but it’s not insanely busy constantly.

Back
Top Bottom