Use or Lose (HEROES ACT) HR 6800

Yup. And until someone starts to give a shit about trainees- everyone will have to forgive me for not giving a shit about use or lose.
There’s no excuse for anyone ending with use or lose this year - except maybe in the event of someone being on medical leave and getting EA. Even then, your AL wouldn’t be denied. “Sorry folks. Til this is over that’s how it is.” I’m surprised anyone gave an update considering nobody thinks a training update is in order either. 0 $hits given.

?

giphy.gif

Yup. And until someone starts to give a shit about trainees- everyone will have to forgive me for not giving a shit about use or lose.
There’s no excuse for anyone ending with excess use or lose this year - except maybe in the event of someone being on medical leave and getting EA. Even then, your AL wouldn’t be denied. “Sorry folks. Til this is over that’s how it is.” I’m surprised anyone gave an update considering nobody thinks a training update is in order either. 0 $hits given.
Just finished a telecon, from what was stated during the meeting consisted of a few points:
-Goal is to keep everyone that does not need to be in the building out
-Training is still on pause per Jeffery Vincent
-No plans at this time to resume training
-What we see now should be peak traffic and airlines are cutting their schedule
-No talk of High-Risk coming back at all

Just finished a telecon, from what was stated during the meeting consisted of a few points:

talks like this will almost certainly lead to furloughs. What we are doing is not sustainable long term and you all know it. The fact you’d all sacrifice a few hundred controllers to keep your 5/10s is despicable. Meanwhile the airlines are doing basically whatever they can to salvage careers. And then you have natca on the opposite side of the spectrum.
Oh, and major league sports starting too.

Peak traffic my ass, reminds me of hearing about peak oil in the early 2000’s and by now the world would be out of energy lol. But in all seriousness, that is all bad news on the conference call I would say. No indication that training will start soon and no meaningful updates on how the Dallas face mask project went. Might as will go back to 5 on 10 off if it’s all downhill from here again.

Peak traffic my ass, reminds me of hearing about peak oil in the early 2000’s and by now the world would be out of energy lol. But in all seriousness, that is all bad news on the conference call I would say. No indication that training will start soon and no meaningful updates on how the Dallas face mask project went. Might as will go back to 5 on 10 off if it’s all downhill from here again.
Or put your guys to work in the lab

Is this a real telcon or a NATCA fantasy world telcon?

I honestly forgot to ask about the Dallas face mask project tbh. My bad brother, but I concur with you this does not bode well for the future.

Is this a real telcon or a NATCA fantasy world telcon?
Real, I try not to deal with fantasy.

talks like this will almost certainly lead to furloughs. What we are doing is not sustainable long term and you all know it. The fact you’d all sacrifice a few hundred controllers to keep your 5/10s is despicable. Meanwhile the airlines are doing basically whatever they can to salvage careers. And then you have natca on the opposite side of the spectrum.
I agree with you man, 100% just passing info along as it reaches me. The next few months are going to be very interesting.

Allow me to translate... was this a “this is what natca wants” (fantasy) telcon or a FAA one?
i can’t imagine faa is planning training hold forever with the academy reopen

I agree with you man, 100% just passing info along as it reaches me. The next few months are going to be very interesting.
If I get furloughed I’m 100% coming back as a non union controller

Allow me to translate... was this a “this is what natca wants” (fantasy) telcon or a FAA one?
My personal interpretation, based on the way it was presented, is this reality accomplished through "collaboration." We share a lot of the same views make no mistake and something is definitely brewing imho, but my gut tells me a lot depends on what happens after the election.

If I get furloughed I’m 100% coming back as a non union controller
Apparently and I quote "Furloughs are not even being mentioned," personally I find it hard to believe regardless of collaboration how they could not be mentioned but I have no solid evidence to back this up.

Sacrifice the trainees to the furlough gods!

5AF5924B-FAB8-4D12-8E62-8DE7F3E26357.jpeg

Last edited:
Apparently and I quote "Furloughs are not even being mentioned," personally I find it hard to believe regardless of collaboration how they could not be mentioned but I have no solid evidence to back this up.
They already might have lost me with their behavior during this. But I’ll give them the rest of the year to win me back

It all seems like natca and the FAA aren’t at all on the same page. But nobody knows since they refuse to send any information out at all. I’ve been snooping on calls where I can and I highly doubt and rarely believe much of what is getting spread around anymore.

Lmfao. They care so little they don’t even try to sell it to us about why they are doing this. They really don’t give a shit.
They are very worried about those 3 executive orders, especially if Trump is reelected and they know they will not be rescinded.

Back
Top Bottom