Video Games

That or they’re mad that Valhalla looks like shit compared to Odyssey
Isn’t Valhalla getting pretty good reviews so far? Meta critic user ratings is 8.0(for pc) which Is rare given there are always some nerds review bombing there.

Isn’t Valhalla getting pretty good reviews so far? Meta critic user ratings is 8.0(for pc) which Is rare given there are always some nerds review bombing there.
Sure, but graphically it’s not on par with Odyssey, for whatever reason. Gameplay is good enough

Is that the new Assassin's Creed? I just couldnt ever get into that franchise...I hated the gameplay
Yeah, and I’m the same way. I’ve never played one to the end. Haven’t tried anything since 3 though.

Yeah, and I’m the same way. I’ve never played one to the end. Haven’t tried anything since 3 though.
I refuse on basis of principle to play any game that doesnt allow you to free jump. I just wont fuckin do it, I dont care how nice it looks

I refuse on basis of principle to play any game that doesnt allow you to free jump. I just wont fuckin do it, I dont care how nice it looks
One of my favorite things to do in Skyrim when I wasn’t actually trying to do quests was try to jump up the sides of mountains and find places that you normally would have to clear a dungeon to get to.

One of my favorite things to do in Skyrim when I wasn’t actually trying to do quests was try to jump up the sides of mountains and find places that you normally would have to clear a dungeon to get to.
75% of my time in Skyrim was spent jumping. I got ESO for free when I got this Stadia for free for signing up for Fios...one of the worst games I've ever played. Bethesda is officially the new EA Games trying to wring every penny out of their (once) loyal fanbase.

75% of my time in Skyrim was spent jumping. I got ESO for free when I got this Stadia for free for signing up for Fios...one of the worst games I've ever played. Bethesda is officially the new EA Games trying to wring every penny out of their (once) loyal fanbase.
Loved me some Skyrim and yeah my time was spent alternating between jumping and FUS-ing every NPC.

and ESO looked like trash from day one. Glad i
Never tried it.

Loved me some Skyrim and yeah my time was spent alternating between jumping and FUS-ing every NPC.

and ESO looked like trash from day one. Glad i
Never tried it.
Worst voice acting and most mundane quests...complete garbage. I put like 3 hours in when I first got it and was so fuckin disappointed. Luckily I got it for free so I didnt have to pull a Brooks from Shawshank Redemption

I haven't played much AC since Rogue, but I picked up Valhalla due to the setting and it's alright so far, main complaints are the performance and the greed. I admit my PC is due for an upgrade but the CPU usage is insane, constantly maxing out even at lower settings. I've got a 1080 which is doing fine, but the CPU load (on my i5-6600k) is so heavy that even the RGB lights on my keyboard are lagging. As far as the greed, the amount of microtransactions in this single-player game is frankly disgusting. There is no reason that entire sets of armor should be locked behind $8 paywalls, with weapons at $3.50 each among hundreds of dollars worth of cosmetics and time-saving additions such as map unlocks.

Red Dead 2 looks better than the new AC game
That’s the current bar set for how an open world game should look and feel. I’m interested to see if Cyberpunk can surpass this. Maybe they’ll get the city NPC feel down if anything.

Bethesda didn’t make ESO. But the developers of ESO and Bethesda fall under the same publisher. People love to shit on Fallout 76 and it wasn’t a great game but I think it was worth a shot to try that game out. I had been begging for an online fallout game since 2009. And Bethesda has been pretty humble in their shortcomings with Fallout 4. They admitted their mistakes with voiced protagonist and the perk system along with dialogue options. I’m a big fallout fan and even I will admit that Fallout 76 contains one of the best quests in a fallout game. The post launch updates have been great. Although I'm not a fan of releasing a lackluster game and then perfecting it in the many months and years post launch. Bethesda opened up a whole studio that was familiar with online gaming and solely dedicated it to Fallout 76. Starfield is their next game and it'll be completely single player And will have been in full development for at least 4 years by the time it comes out. To say they are on the same level as EA is plain wrong in my opinion. They’ve made some mistakes but they are not on that level of greed if anything.

I can't do the open world games. I loved red dead, but I don't have time to spend an hour crossing the map and getting distracted doing other shit.
That’s a valid opinion to have and I completely get it. When you only got an hour to game and majority of it is spent traveling and not actually doing shit it’s like why even bother. Not to bring up cyberpunk again like the true fanboy I am but it seems like that won’t be a problem because the game is majority in a massive city with lots of verticality. Okay I’ll stfu now.

I can't do the open world games. I loved red dead, but I don't have time to spend an hour crossing the map and getting distracted doing other shit.
That's the best part bro! Lol

That’s the current bar set for how an open world game should look and feel. I’m interested to see if Cyberpunk can surpass this. Maybe they’ll get the city NPC feel down if anything.

Bethesda didn’t make ESO. But the developers of ESO and Bethesda fall under the same publisher. People love to shit on Fallout 76 and it wasn’t a great game but I think it was worth a shot to try that game out. I had been begging for an online fallout game since 2009. And Bethesda has been pretty humble in their shortcomings with Fallout 4. They admitted their mistakes with voiced protagonist and the perk system along with dialogue options. I’m a big fallout fan and even I will admit that Fallout 76 contains one of the best quests in a fallout game. The post launch updates have been great. Although I'm not a fan of releasing a lackluster game and then perfecting it in the many months and years post launch. Bethesda opened up a whole studio that was familiar with online gaming and solely dedicated it to Fallout 76. Starfield is their next game and it'll be completely single player And will have been in full development for at least 4 years by the time it comes out. To say they are on the same level as EA is plain wrong in my opinion. They’ve made some mistakes but they are not on that level of greed if anything.

Fair enough but I've heard enough feedback on Fallout 76 and have so little free time to play video games that I know I'm not going to waste my time on it...didnt know that ESO wasnt Bethesda so that makes sense. RPGs arent really games that I'd prefer to play online with others...maybe if I gamed a fuck ton, but i usually can only scrounge up a few hours here and there every week, so when I want to play online I'm playing PubG and Battlefield. RPGs are something I play when i can put aside more than 2 or 3 hours and marathon, and when I'm doing that I'd rather just do my own thing.

Back
Top Bottom