Voting Begins Today!

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
For NATCA Members on Voting
in the 2018 NATCA National Election

Global Election Services (GES) Contact Information

VOTING PORTAL: Ges.Voting
HELP DESK: 1-800-864-1263 or [email protected]
NOTE: The GES Help Desk hours are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. EDT. Responses may take up to 3 business days. The Help Desk will be closed on Wednesday, July 4.
PLEASE HAVE READY YOUR FULL NAME, NATCA MEMBER NUMBER, AND LAST 4 OF YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER WHEN REQUESTING ASSISTANCE FROM THE GES HELP DESK

Q. I pre-registered with GES to vote electronically, but I did not receive an email with a voting code on June 25. What should I do?

A. If you are certain that you pre-registered with GES (you would have received a
confirmation email), please check your email spam folder and any other email accounts that you may have used to register to vote electronically. If you still cannot find the email with your unique voting code, please contact the GES Help Desk to request to be resent your voting code.

Q. Why did I receive more than one email with a voting code from GES?

A. Unless you requested a new voting code, this is likely the result of email
sluggishness due to the large number of emails sent on June 25, but there is no cause for concern. Once GES issues a new voting code via email, any previously issued voting code expires. Due to email sluggishness, however, it is possible that the first email you received is actually the second one sent, so you may find that the first voting code you received is the one that actually works.

Q. Why am I unable to log in to the GES Voting Portal to vote electronically?

A. If you have already registered for electronic voting with GES, check to make sure that your email address is entered correctly when you attempt to log in. Please note that the email address field is case-sensitive. If you are trying to register and you get an error message, first try accessing the portal through a different browser. If you still have trouble, contact the GES Help Desk.

Q. I tried contacting the GES Help Desk but have yet to hear back. What should I do?

A. The GES help desk has limited office hours and limited resources. Your best bet for a quick response is to try calling during their office hours (Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. EDT until 5 p.m. EDT). If there is no answer, we recommend that you follow up with an email rather than leave a voicemail. Please provide your full name, NATCA member number, and the last 4 of your SSN to help GES assist you. The GES Help Desk should respond to all emails within 3 business days.

Q. I am a new NATCA member, can I still vote?

A. Yes. Per Section 4(D) of the 2018 NATCA National Election Rules, to have his or her ballot counted, a member must be in good standing as of 15 days prior to the close of balloting. Balloting closes on July 30, so as long as you become a member prior to July 15, you should have an opportunity to cast a ballot and have it counted. Because all new members will receive a mail ballot package, please make sure that the address on file with NATCA is correct. In the interest of getting your ballot to you in plenty of time to vote, we recommend that Facility Representatives submit new membership applications to the National Office as early as possible. As a new member, you will be able to register to vote electronically, if you prefer, within approximately 3 to 5 business days of the submission of your membership application, but you will still receive a mail ballot.

Q. Why have I not yet received my mail ballot?

A. If you did not pre-register to vote electronically (i.e., before June 25), you will receive a mail ballot at the home address on file with NATCA. Ballots were mailed from New York on June 25 so, depending on your geographic location and any mail forwarding you may have in place, it is possible that your mail ballot is still on its way. If you do not receive your mail ballot within a reasonable period of time, you may either register to vote electronically by visiting the GES Voting Portal at Ges.Voting or contact the GES Help Desk to request a duplicate ballot. Please make sure to confirm your address with GES when requesting a duplicate mail ballot. The person on the phone will give you a Confirmation Number that a ballot package was prepared and sent to you. If you do not receive a Confirmation Number from GES, you have NOT been sent a ballot.

Q. I recently moved and have not received my mail ballot. What should I do?

A. If you recently moved and do not have mail forwarding in place, you will have to
contact the GES Help Desk to request a duplicate ballot. Please make sure to confirm your address with GES when requesting a duplicate mail ballot. The person on the phone will give you a Confirmation Number that a ballot package was prepared and sent to you. If you do not have a Confirmation Number from GES, you have NOT been sent a ballot. Alternatively, you may simply register to vote electronically through the GES Voting Portal at Ges.Voting. However, if your recent move involves a transfer from one NATCA region to another, please see the FAQ immediately below.

Q. I recently transferred to a new NATCA region and received an incorrect ballot. What should I do?

A. If you recently moved to a new NATCA region and received a ballot for your former region (either by mail or electronically), please contact the GES Help Desk to request a corrected ballot. It may take several days for NATCA to confirm your transfer, so we recommend that you contact the GES Help Desk with your request as soon as possible. If you changed regions and already cast your ballot for your former region, your vote for your former region will not be counted. However, you may still request a corrected ballot and vote in your new region by contacting the GES Help Desk. Members in this situation may cast a corrected ballot either electronically or via mail, based on preference.

Q. I pre-registered to vote electronically, but I have changed my mind and would like to vote by mail. How do I request a mail ballot?

A. To request a mail ballot, simply contact the GES Help Desk. We recommend that you confirm your address with GES when requesting a mail ballot. The person on the phone will give you a Confirmation Number that a ballot package was prepared and sent to you. If you do not have a Confirmation Number from GES, you have NOT been sent a ballot.

Q. I did not pre-register to vote electronically, but I would like to vote online. Is
this possible?

A. Yes, you may register to vote electronically at any time. Please visit the GES Voting Portal at Ges.Voting and enter the required information. You will then receive a confirmation email and, within 24 hours, an email with your unique voting code and a link to the voting portal along with instructions on how to cast your ballot.

Q. Can I vote more than once?

A. No more than one ballot per member will be counted. In the event that you cast both a duplicate and an original mail ballot, only the duplicate ballot will be counted. In the event that you cast a mail ballot and an electronic ballot, only your electronic ballot will be counted. If you are a member who recently transferred to a new region and cast ballots for both your former and current regions, only the ballot for your current region will be counted.

If you have any questions regarding the 2018 NATCA National Election that are not answered above, please contact the NATCA National Election Committee at [email protected].

Back
Top Bottom