3/2019 - MMPI-2
4/2019 - Medical/drug test done
4/2019 - Tier 2 notice
6/2020 - MMPI-2 retest
6/2020 - Psych evaluation for Tier 2
9/2020 - Notice of disqualification, sent in appeal
11/2020- Psych re-evaluation
3/2021 - Confirmation of re-evaluation report

Every e-mail since of me asking has been returned a variable of "still waiting from flight surgeon, no timeline available."
It is now 2024 and I want to ask here am I just SOL? I applied when I was 27. I am currently 33 and understand I'm now past the cut off.
Not sure if this is relevant, but I've also had to see a counselor to fill out a gender dysphoria report (no issues) as I was not yet 5 years transitioned at the time of applying and later submitted a name/gender change request.

Who exactly should I reach out to at this point?
Thank you

1. Your age was locked in when you received a TOL (do not worry)
2. You are not SOL, Tier 2 appeals (there was another user on here who appealed his and passed) take a long long time.
3. Reach out to your local congressional representative and senator, there should be something on their respective website that allows you to request assistance with government issues (exact terminology eludes me) but they can direct their staff to make inquires for a constituent on where/what step their paperwork is at.

1. Your age was locked in when you received a TOL (do not worry)
2. You are not SOL, Tier 2 appeals (there was another user on here who appealed his and passed) take a long long time.
3. Reach out to your local congressional representative and senator, there should be something on their respective website that allows you to request assistance with government issues (exact terminology eludes me) but they can direct their staff to make inquires for a constituent on where/what step their paperwork is at.
Thank you. I appreciate the quick reply.
I would also like to ask if it's worth sending a certified letter to the regional flight surgeon's office asking for a response to my case or if my AME should reach out on my behalf?

Thank you. I appreciate the quick reply.
I would also like to ask if it's worth sending a certified letter to the regional flight surgeon's office asking for a response to my case or if my AME should reach out on my behalf?
It could not hurt for sure, I would think the Flight Surgeon would direct his office to respond or at least figure out where your stuff is.

I know someone that was in your shoes. It took about 6 months once their doctor got their medical appeal sent in to hear back on a decision. So 3.5 years for you to hear something back on a medical appeal in crazy. Don't be afraid to reach out to your congressman or senator to try to elevate it. I believe your medical appeal has to go to the head Psychologist for the FAA in DC for decision.

I know COVID slowed a lot of things down, but 3.5 years seems excessive.

I know someone that was in your shoes. It took about 6 months once their doctor got their medical appeal sent in to hear back on a decision. So 3.5 years for you to hear something back on a medical appeal in crazy. Don't be afraid to reach out to your congressman or senator to try to elevate it. I believe your medical appeal has to go to the head Psychologist for the FAA in DC for decision.

I know COVID slowed a lot of things down, but 3.5 years seems excessive.
That is exactly what I was thinking. This entire process has been almost 6 years long. I know these things take time, but this doesn't feel right at all. I just emailed the regional medical branch about my case.

I was DQ'ed by the Tier 2 and got it overturned. I finally reached out to both of my Senators about 6 months after I submitted my final paperwork. They have people who will help reach out with more than just an email. Email with the flight surgeon is a total black hole. For sure reach out to BOTH of your Senators AND your Congressional Representative. Let them know you just want help moving the paperwork along and that you do not want help with the decision. Just the moving along of things.

This is my thread on this from 5 years ago.

I was DQ'ed by the Tier 2 and got it overturned. I finally reached out to both of my Senators about 6 months after I submitted my final paperwork. They have people who will help reach out with more than just an email. Email with the flight surgeon is a total black hole. For sure reach out to BOTH of your Senators AND your Congressional Representative. Let them know you just want help moving the paperwork along and that you do not want help with the decision. Just the moving along of things.

This is my thread on this from 5 years ago.

I can’t believe you did all that for this job. Props, but holy shit.

I can’t believe you did all that for this job. Props, but holy shit.
It wasn't JUST for the ATC gig. I also lost my Class 2 Pilot's Medical as a result as well. All of this was in pursue of getting BOTH the ATC Medical and my Pilot's Medical back. It was an absolute shit show.

Back
Top Bottom