Hiring Bid FAA-FAA-24-PUB NOT-87164 (Prior Exp Rolling Bid)

Reinstatement or you applied to prior exp?
Prior experience 5yrs lvl 5 up down and now 2yrs at the second busiest contract facility in the nation lol guess not enough experience for the faa

I quit and had a really good list. Depends on how you get graded on the formula.
Damn what was your experience? Or better question who you writing the checks to for a good list? 😂

You were at a level 5 up/down and expected the FAA to give you higher facilities? I’d be thankful you got up to 7
I mean through ncept you can go from that 5 to 10s I watched the people I trained do it. Also was thinking the current airport I’m at that pushes 1k+ op days consistently would weigh in considerably. 7 years of ATC experience to be offered damn near what academy grads get offered is a joke in my opinion but maybe I’m seeing it wrong…

I mean through ncept you can go from that 5 to 10s I watched the people I trained do it. Also was thinking the current airport I’m at that pushes 1k+ op days consistently would weigh in considerably. 7 years of ATC experience to be offered damn near what academy grads get offered is a joke in my opinion but maybe I’m seeing it wrong…
It realistically falls under the needs of the agency and simply just timing. Many moons ago my buddy and I had the exact same experience (single cto from the same tower). His list consisted of about 7 low level up/downs and when I eventually got a list, I had about 20 tower only. Also, don’t make the mistake of thinking the faa gives a single fuck about pattern work. If those 1k+ days mainly consist of touch&go’s, you’re wasting your energy being confused by their decision. They seem to care more about how many cto’s you have than the traffic behind them.

I get it I transferred over to the DOD from the FAA went through a few list like this with a couple nice spots but highest fac lvl was a 7 on all the list.

You have to realize the average person is coming off a 6 year enlistment so they have similar experience to you. Average experience gets an average list. The people getting 8s and 9s have 10+ years or worked at a 8/9 equivalent or higher. It's essentially gatekeeping and it sucks but the FAA has their reasons.

You have to realize the average person is coming off a 6 year enlistment so they have similar experience to you. Average experience gets an average list. The people getting 8s and 9s have 10+ years or worked at a 8/9 equivalent or higher. It's essentially gatekeeping and it sucks but the FAA has their reasons.
I partially agree, but their have been quite a few people with 8/9s on their list including myself who didn’t touch 8-9 lvl traffic. If he is claiming that tower runs that many ops, regardless of touch and gos it would in turn be an equivalent to atleast an 8, right?

However, who knows what the FAA even tries to do. Luck of the draw and what’s available. Even though it’s not like 8/9s aren’t available, because the list someone posted 2-3 weeks ago had plenty to offer.

I partially agree, but their have been quite a few people with 8/9s on their list including myself who didn’t touch 8-9 lvl traffic. If he is claiming that tower runs that many ops, regardless of touch and gos it would in turn be an equivalent to atleast an 8, right?

However, who knows what the FAA even tries to do. Luck of the draw and what’s available. Even though it’s not like 8/9s aren’t available, because the list someone posted 2-3 weeks ago had plenty to offer.
The years matter more than people think. I'm one of the people you are talking about. I had only been at 6s but 10 years experience and had 8/9s on the list. There's a whole formula for this stuff you guys can find it in the prior experience hiring sop. The busiest contract tower has traffic similar to 8s but who knows what they actually rank them as. I wouldn't be surprised if they put all contract towers down as 6s and he's only been there a single year. Still going to have less points from the formula than someone with 10 years experience.

People vastly underestimate how busy a level 8 stand alone tower is. Level 9 traffic is different by itself. I understand some of the contract towers are busy, but I'd be shocked if even the busiest one is truly the equivalent of a standalone 7. Now a 8 or 9 updown? Possibly. But not standalone. DVT comes to mind when talking about truly busy standalone towers and I believe they're a 9? But they were a 8 for the longest time.
They don't call the FAA the big leagues for nothing. They typically care more about # of ctos and longevity vs the type of traffic. Not saying they don't care at all about traffic but I've seen some great lists people have gotten who have only worked some mediocre bases and a few sleepy contract towers but had 10yrs experience + 5 ctos

I have MORE than 10 years experience. My list was similar. It’s punishment and gate keeping you’re right. They don’t want you to quit. All I will say is don’t get mad, just play the game. Pick the fastest checkout low level tower and gtfo. If I get stuck again I will go DOD again forever. But I plan on being the ultimate douche and abusing the system on hardships, supe bids or whatever else will get me out if err don’t work

People vastly underestimate how busy a level 8 stand alone tower is. Level 9 traffic is different by itself. I understand some of the contract towers are busy, but I'd be shocked if even the busiest one is truly the equivalent of a standalone 7. Now a 8 or 9 updown? Possibly. But not standalone. DVT comes to mind when talking about truly busy standalone towers and I believe they're a 9? But they were a 8 for the longest time.
They don't call the FAA the big leagues for nothing. They typically care more about # of ctos and longevity vs the type of traffic. Not saying they don't care at all about traffic but I've seen some great lists people have gotten who have only worked some mediocre bases and a few sleepy contract towers but had 10yrs experience + 5 ctos
The only 3 contract towers that come to mind that would probably be around the equivalent of an 8 are HWO, IWA, CHD.

I have MORE than 10 years experience. My list was similar. It’s punishment and gate keeping you’re right. They don’t want you to quit. All I will say is don’t get mad, just play the game. Pick the fastest checkout low level tower and gtfo. If I get stuck again I will go DOD again forever. But I plan on being the ultimate douche and abusing the system on hardships, supe bids or whatever else will get me out if err don’t work
Woooooow....

The years matter more than people think. I'm one of the people you are talking about. I had only been at 6s but 10 years experience and had 8/9s on the list. There's a whole formula for this stuff you guys can find it in the prior experience hiring sop. The busiest contract tower has traffic similar to 8s but who knows what they actually rank them as. I wouldn't be surprised if they put all contract towers down as 6s and he's only been there a single year. Still going to have less points from the formula than someone with 10 years experience.
That’s a good point. I had 7 years Air Force experience, but I did hold both tower and radar ratings the entire time. So I would have to agree with years and the amount of ratings held being a heavy contributor.

Back
Top Bottom