Serious What are your career goals?

I apologize for getting into a shitty debate back when about Key West. You've got a lot of good input here. Cheers mate.
I try to keep a good head on my shoulders. I’ve overstayed my welcome where I’m currently at so I’ve become combative and restless and it occasionally extends out into the world but I mean no harm. 🍻

I try to keep a good head on my shoulders. I’ve overstayed my welcome where I’m currently at so I’ve become combative and restless and it occasionally extends out into the world but I mean no harm. 🍻
Dude, same. Can't separate work from home and fun it seems on my part haha.

You need more collaterals.

There’s something (everything) ridiculously mundane about air carriers lined up like ants marching on final doing 150kts and even worse little puddle jumpers doing 70 with a 20kt headwind. I want a flight of four doing the overhead at 500kts to get me going. Nothing like the rumble of the tower at 7:15am because of jets.
Carrier break and who cares about noise abatement. Just DOOO IT! Nothing like waking an entire city up. 😆

Carrier break and who cares about noise abatement. Just DOOO IT! Nothing like waking an entire city up. 😆
That’s what was cool about Key West, it’s like 15 square miles so everyone on island got to wake up to the sound of jet noises 😂 but my favorite was when we had B-1s flying 12 hour missions to South America. They’d depart at noon and return at midnight on a straight in to 8 which overflew the entire island and boy were they loud as shit.

That’s what was cool about Key West, it’s like 15 square miles so everyone on island got to wake up to the sound of jet noises 😂 but my favorite was when we had B-1s flying 12 hour missions to South America. They’d depart at noon and return at midnight on a straight in to 8 which overflew the entire island and boy were they loud as shit.
If you go back, make sure you release the fighters on a 110 heading up to 030. Thank me later :)

I would leave for a Japan/Korea/Europe in a heartbeat
Boy do I have just the opportunity for you. I’ve never met someone who was stationed in Japan say they didn’t love being stationed in Japan.

Boy do I have just the opportunity for you. I’ve never met someone who was stationed in Japan say they didn’t love being stationed in Japan.

Yeah no thanks they're just going to deny me again for the third time, maybe if they open up after I get a high three here. I'd like to hear the reason for denying me then

Been trying to get home (ATL) since I got in the agency so that’s the goal. Out west right now and quality of life is pretty good just need the family support for myself and more so my wife. Not having a support system does make it suck every now and again but we make the best of it.

Not sure how it all works but it looks like being an excepted FAA employee I’m not eligible. That would have been a fun one to apply for.

Not sure how it all works but it looks like being an excepted FAA employee I’m not eligible. That would have been a fun one to apply for.
Maybe I’m a piece of shit, but I fire off applications for anything I find interesting and let them sort it out. I applied to this supe gig at Hickam AFB in Hawaii a while back. Brother I didn’t have a single qualification they were looking for 😂 but I’m a quick learner. That being said, I’ll be honest in saying I don’t know the difference between excepted and competitive. I always just apply under the guise of “veteran.” Nor do I know what an interchange agreement is. I like to always be a dog in the fight until they tell me otherwise.

IMG_6757.jpeg

Just past my 21st year. 3 facilities (12/10/11) and have worked the easier/harder/mediocre areas. I work where assigned.

My first career goal when I was at the academy was immediately to be a supervisor and move up. It quickly changed. Controlling is best bang for buck, least drama. Being at the cap makes it easy. For 6k more and little extra in Retirement be a supervisor? No thanks.

My goal now is to finish up in about 4.5 years and time retirement with kid’s schooling. I will do a little more then necessary then leave.. I won’t be here in 5 years. I planned reasonably well and married up so I have zero debt, a paid off house, cars, a fully funded kid’s college account and a decent 401k balance.

In the mean time, I intend to do my job, not screw my coworkers over while I work amongst them, mess with and troll those that deserve it, and try for the best quality of life I can.

I also will run for NATCA president for fun.

Then…. Who knows. Retire, watch kid finish school maybe start flying again since I have a commercial ticket, or just fuck off and enjoy life. That’s why I took this job over flying to begin with.

I also look forward to being able to take fucking NyQuil at night to get a better sleep when I am slightly unwell and not worry about daddy FAA…

Though to be quite honest, when I was going hardcore in BASE jumping, I never thought I’d survive but kept contributing almost max to my 401k just in case. Luck over skill!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom