What's one thing you wish you knew?

I wish I knew when the heck I’ll get out of JAX ?

That I had listened to my Mother in 2008 and applied right out of Highschool when they were doing massive hiring instead of getting drunk on the beach and shagging half the girls in class.

Na man, shagging chicks is way better than this job.

This is how we do it here is rampant in all of aviation. And it’s impossible to cus he anything until something bad happens. It’s horrible.

Or how about the feeling you get standing out in that hallway both before and after your eval? I still remember the exact feeling I had that day. Nightmare material for sure.

I was in the last group to run. On our final run one of the rsides was missing. We were standing in that hallway for a good 20 minutes. Then the rside comes strolling in with his headphones on like no big deal. Sucked.

I was in the last group to run. On our final run one of the rsides was missing. We were standing in that hallway for a good 20 minutes. Then the rside comes strolling in with his headphones on like no big deal. Sucked.

This happened to me, but the evaluator was missing !!!

I wish someone had told me the training motto would be hurry up and wait. Also, I can't believe how relaxed it is in terms of culture and breaks

By staffing I mean how many CPCs (certified controllers) a facility has vs how many they need and how many trainees they have. For instance if you are considering Going to AAA and they need to have 17 CPCs but only have 9 CPCs and 6 trainees, you are going to be there for a while before you can ERR out. Other things to look at are average training time. If you are the Academy you can look at all this info on KSN, but some of the info is also on the facility pages in this website.

I wish someone had told me that you'd waste your youth with Wed/Thu RDOs, especially if you got hired on the tail-end of a hiring wave. Can't wait til I'm 45 to get a piece of the weekend so I can look forward to not being able to enjoy it on account of kids, etc...

By staffing I mean how many CPCs (certified controllers) a facility has vs how many they need and how many trainees they have. For instance if you are considering Going to AAA and they need to have 17 CPCs but only have 9 CPCs and 6 trainees, you are going to be there for a while before you can ERR out. Other things to look at are average training time. If you are the Academy you can look at all this info on KSN, but some of the info is also on the facility pages in this website.

Good to know. Thank you!

I wish someone had told me that you'd waste your youth with Wed/Thu RDOs, especially if you got hired on the tail-end of a hiring wave. Can't wait til I'm 45 to get a piece of the weekend so I can look forward to not being able to enjoy it on account of kids, etc...

Hey hey hey, nothing beats the C-squad strippers on a Tuesday morning when coming off a mid

Back
Top Bottom