ZNY Placement

Blix900

Anyone heard anything in regards to the ZNY training backlog and whether they are going back on placement lists or extending the backlog?

Probably not. We are loaded with trainees. Plus they just started training controllers on data com which is going to delay training even more.

Memphis seemed to be really popular at the academy recently. Always chosen by people not reluctantly taken by the bottom of the class.

Memphis seemed to be really popular at the academy recently. Always chosen by people not reluctantly taken by the bottom of the class.

Not sure how true this is. Class before mine only passed 5 and had 4 Memphis at the top of their list. A recent class had 4 Memphis on their list and were told if they take it they could trade it for Albuquerque. 3/4 them did just that.

YMMV obviously, but it’s not viewed In the same comparison for training time/suckage as Oakland or New York

Can they still decide not to retain you if you wash at ZNY instead of sending you to a new facility?

Sure they can. It’s only happened once. So you must really make your instructors dislike you.

That’s why it’s not so insane to pick ZNY. Don’t believe all those stories you hear out there, specially at the academy, it’s generally from people who don’t make it.

Last edited:
Correct. And if you wash in NY on d side, you’ll already have D2 pay(TMU) which you’ll pretty much keep for a certain amount of time if not the whole at your new facility.

I thought you only get D1 after TMU?

It was weird when I went to to my ojti class at zny and only me and one other guy out of a class of 12 were cpc’s and everyone else was just Pit rated. Was like this explains soooo much

Back
Top Bottom