2-4-6. FALSE OR DECEPTIVE COMMUNICATIONS
Take action to detect, prevent, and report false, deceptive, or phantom controller communications to an aircraft or controller. The following must be accomplished when false or deceptive communications occur:
- Correct false information.
- Broadcast an alert to aircraft operating on all frequencies within the area where deceptive or phantom transmissions have been received.
- “Attention all aircraft. False ATC instructions have been received in the area of Long Beach Airport. Exercise extreme caution on all frequencies and verify instructions.”
- Collect pertinent information regarding the incident.
- Notify the operations supervisor of the false, deceptive, or phantom transmission and report all relevant information pertaining to the incident.