3-8-3. SIMULTANEOUS SAME DIRECTION OPERATION
Authorize simultaneous, same direction operations on parallel runways, on parallel landing strips, or on a runway and a parallel landing strip only when the following conditions are met:
- Operations are conducted in VFR conditions unless visual separation is applied.
- Two-way radio communication is maintained with the aircraft involved and pertinent traffic information is issued.
- The distance between the parallel runways or landing strips is in accordance with those specified in TBL 3-8-1.
TBL 3-8-1 Same Direction Distance Minima
||Minimum distance (feet) between parallel
||Edges of adjacent strips or runway and strip
|Category I or Category II
|If either aircraft is a Category III
|If either aircraft is a Heavy
- 1. Aircraft Categories specified in Table 3-8-1 are Same Runway Separation (SRS) categories as indicated in Paragraph 3-9-6, Same Runway Separation.
- 2. When conducting Simultaneous Same Direction Operations (SSDO), applicable Wake Turbulence provisions apply.