En Route 06/25/2020

In the same class as you. Have you heard anything from your HR about academy or the situation?
I have not, my HR hasn't responded to anything. Based on what other people are saying, online on-boarding will be offered a couple days before our class date and if accepted we'll do online basics 9-5 M-F. Base pay plus academy locality pay minus per diem.

I have not, my HR hasn't responded to anything. Based on what other people are saying, online on-boarding will be offered a couple days before our class date and if accepted we'll do online basics 9-5 M-F. Base pay plus academy locality pay minus per diem.

academy or dc locality?

I’ve heard conflicting things; but the majority of people I’ve seen said academy locality. I guess we won’t know for sure until it’s offered.

interesting. Because when at the academy you get dc locality. It would be ironic if doing basics online and you get ok locality. Keep us posted, I’d be interested to know what they came up with.

interesting. Because when at the academy you get dc locality. It would be ironic if doing basics online and you get ok locality. Keep us posted, I’d be interested to know what they came up with.
By "academy locality" I think they mean DC locality then, rather than OK locality.

By "academy locality" I think they mean DC locality then, rather than OK locality.

That’s what I was thinking as well. But being that everybody is learning from “home” I was curious if that would change the pay rate any. Aside from per diem of course.

They give you DC locality when you are at the academy. You are technically TDY to OKC so they are able to give you pee diem

Right, for all of us who went to okc it was that way, but I’m curious if they change it up since everybody is now doing online basics.

Anyone had HR contact them recently regarding next week? No iPad either
Good news though, I heard academy is opening up 07/06
So things are finally moving

I called HR today for a different reason, however; they said to expect an email a week out (so tomorrow) instead of the two days before (the 23rd) I was initially told. I’m hearing mixed things on getting iPads or not but I imagine they would be sent out after onboarding.

I called HR today for a different reason, however; they said to expect an email a week out (so tomorrow) instead of the two days before (the 23rd) I was initially told. I’m hearing mixed things on getting iPads or not but I imagine they would be sent out after onboarding.

Dont stress too much about the iPads for basics unless you don't have a computer with a camera. I tried using the iPad the first day and trying to follow along on the PDF, take the quizzes all while on zoom is difficult and so much easier on a laptop/desktop. All the additional apps and study aids on there don't really apply to basics anyway.

I called Tuesday she told me they would ship ipads out this Friday and most should be there monday and someone would need to be there monday to sign for it.

Dont stress too much about the iPads for basics unless you don't have a computer with a camera. I tried using the iPad the first day and trying to follow along on the PDF, take the quizzes all while on zoom is difficult and so much easier on a laptop/desktop. All the additional apps and study aids on there don't really apply to basics anyway.
Are you doing everything on a computer? Or just zoom on computer, follow along/classwork on ipad, or vice versa?

Are you doing everything on a computer? Or just zoom on computer, follow along/classwork on ipad, or vice versa?

I pulled up zoom on the iPad then did everything else on my laptop, but that was just my personal preference. For anything other than zoom, I found the iPad pretty pointless because its too hard to try and take tests on there with the touch screen.

Back
Top Bottom