Terminal 10/19/21 Terminal Basics

I just got my FOL today! It didn't mention anything about a projected OKC date. Did the projected start come in your FOL? Or was that a different email/phone call?

I did also reach out to Kim and ask about using a projected date in order to reserve a spot there. She said that a projected date works, there is no monetary deposit necessary, and that it is ok if the actual in-person start date moves, just to let her know when we find out. That being said, I filled out a reservation request for Kim's place using the projected start date that you got.
Kim is excellent. And if I remember correctly it’s her dad lives on that street with several of her units, does caretaker/overseer kind of stuff, good guy

I just got my FOL today! It didn't mention anything about a projected OKC date. Did the projected start come in your FOL? Or was that a different email/phone call?

I did also reach out to Kim and ask about using a projected date in order to reserve a spot there. She said that a projected date works, there is no monetary deposit necessary, and that it is ok if the actual in-person start date moves, just to let her know when we find out. That being said, I filled out a reservation request for Kim's place using the projected start date that you got.
Also got my FOL without a projected date. Good call on reserving Kim’s ASAP. I’ll do that too! I think it would be great if most of us could be in the same location for study groups. Im hoping to have my car. Anyone else driving? What time zone are you guys in? I hear the basics class times can adjust based on the time zones of everybody. I’m PST.

Kim's said that she tries to group students by their class date. So if several people from our class book at Kim's, she tries to make sure that we would all be neighbors, or at least in the same location since she has two locations.

I will be driving as well! Coming from CA so I am looking forward to the long drive out to OKC.

I’m planning on driving but may still use the shuttle for class.

Coming from Florida so the opposite end of the time zones lol. What date is everyone doing for actually arriving? I was thinking travel on the weekend but I’m not sure if we’ll have virtual class on the 22nd.

Coming from Florida so the opposite end of the time zones lol. What date is everyone doing for actually arriving? I was thinking travel on the weekend but I’m not sure if we’ll have virtual class on the 22nd.
Driving/having a vehicle and taking the shuttle to class is a good combo. If shuttle is late, it’s on them, otherwise if you drive and get stuck waiting on a train to pass, etc, they like to hammer you

I’m also planning on getting there a day or 2 early but it’ll take me 4 days to get there so I hope there’s no virtual that week before. I thought basics ended on Nov 15th according to the class schedule. Are you talking about basics going until the 22nd or something else?

I’m also planning on getting there a day or 2 early but it’ll take me 4 days to get there so I hope there’s no virtual that week before. I thought basics ended on Nov 15th according to the class schedule. Are you talking about basics going until the 22nd or something else?
I’m saying I didn’t know when virtual was done. Do we have a class schedule? I feel like we’re all being given different tidbits of info.

I totally agree, the info is all over the place! I had found the dates here https://www.academy.jccbi.gov/catalog/CPNT/Details/8343 but my rep hasn't sent anything with an end date.
Okay, well that makes me feel about a million times better because I’m been trying to figure out a way to coordinate getting my car out there in the worst case scenario I was imagining. I mean to the extent that I discussed my parents driving it out there if I didn’t have time ??‍♀️

Now I just need to get on finding clothes for a non-florida winter

I just received the email about getting confirming my address for the IPad to be shipped out. It said that I am enrolled in Virtual Air Traffic class 50045001-162579 from 10/19/2021 to 11/15/2021. It seems to match with the information on the other site with all the classes listed out.

I just received the email about getting confirming my address for the IPad to be shipped out. It said that I am enrolled in Virtual Air Traffic class 50045001-162579 from 10/19/2021 to 11/15/2021. It seems to match with the information on the other site with all the classes listed out.
Here we go!! I noticed all of our emails were listed on that. I thought it would be an opportunity to start a group chat before class starts. Are you guys interested in virtually meeting up before class? I’m hoping to study after class as a group too if we’re interested.

im thinking about staying in anatole because i think it will be easier since im bringing my bf and dog.. that way i wont have to worry about a roommate or paying for the family housing at kims. but i am excited to meet you all! i am also driving my car from florida so this winter shall be interesting ? but i would totally be down to start a groupchat before the start or at least when basics starts. we could make a groupme if everyone doesnt have an iphone

Here we go!! I noticed all of our emails were listed on that. I thought it would be an opportunity to start a group chat before class starts. Are you guys interested in virtually meeting up before class? I’m hoping to study after class as a group too if we’re interested.
I’m down for virtual hangs, although I have to admit I’m not well versed in the zooms and all that so I’ll be the one who keeps accidentally muting myself or making the camera face the ceiling ?

im thinking about staying in anatole because i think it will be easier since im bringing my bf and dog.. that way i wont have to worry about a roommate or paying for the family housing at kims. but i am excited to meet you all! i am also driving my car from florida so this winter shall be interesting ? but i would totally be down to start a groupchat before the start or at least when basics starts. we could make a groupme if everyone doesnt have an iphone
Where about are you? I’m orlando

also, just curiosity, where did you do your mmpi? I went to Daytona because my mom does the MCO ones and wanted to be cautious.

I made a Facebook group if anyone wants to join. FAA terminal 10/19. For membership questions I asked for your screen name to make it easy. My name is Lauren btw

im thinking about staying in anatole because i think it will be easier since im bringing my bf and dog..
You may want to check to see how much availability they have. From some other class discussion boards it looks like people are having a harder time booking at Anatole because they don't have availability. That was about a month or so ago I think, so it might be all cleared up by now.

I’m also thinking about Anatole over Kim’s. Hopefully we get the same location, I think there’s 2. I’m going to call later and ask about availability.

I’m down for virtual hangs, although I have to admit I’m not well versed in the zooms and all that so I’ll be the one who keeps accidentally muting myself or making the camera face the ceiling ?

Where about are you? I’m orlando

also, just curiosity, where did you do your mmpi? I went to Daytona because my mom does the MCO ones and wanted to be cautious.

I made a Facebook group if anyone wants to join. FAA terminal 10/19. For membership questions I asked for your screen name to make it easy. My name is Lauren btw
Im in SWFL! and I did my mmpi in orlando. i actually just got a snapchat memory that i was there 2 years ago today!! haha

Back
Top Bottom