May (Q3) 2024

Phanatical

⭐SuperStar
May 21, 2024 NCEPT Timeline (more detailed timelines/rules will be added as they become available)
  • April 19, 2024: ERR Submission Deadline
  • May 21, 2024: NCEPT convenes/adjourns

Rules:

Last edited by a moderator:
Short notice, maybe my ATM won’t have time to solicit more sups keep us forever 1-2 people below releasing.
We have quite a few guys in training and a few are close to certifying. We thought we could see the light at the end of the tunnel.. but then this happens every time. Boom, they announced this week a deviation was approved for a Sup. We lose one to a hardship. All of a sudden we’re 71% staffed. It’s been 8 years since we’ve released on NCEPT. I’m sure some facilities have it worse, but morale is at an all time low. 😑

We have quite a few guys in training and a few are close to certifying. We thought we could see the light at the end of the tunnel.. but then this happens every time. Boom, they announced this week a deviation was approved for a Sup. We lose one to a hardship. All of a sudden we’re 71% staffed. It’s been 8 years since we’ve released on NCEPT. I’m sure some facilities have it worse, but morale is at an all time low. 😑
I’m at a level 7, 9 years in, and haven’t gotten picked up yet. 6 day work weeks, extremely low staffing. No moving anywhere anytime soon! Such an exhausting process.

I’m at a level 7, 9 years in, and haven’t gotten picked up yet. 6 day work weeks, extremely low staffing. No moving anywhere anytime soon! Such an exhausting process.
The worst part, the Facility of Preference article only gives us “Priority Consideration” after 8 years and only for ingrade/downgrade.

Level 10-12 facilities get “Priority Placement” after 15 years for ingrade/downgrade but basically means “anywhere you’d like to go.” This shit needs fixed BAD, I’d wait 15 years in the worst staffing if I know there was light at the end of the tunnel that lead to my dream facility. Make it the same wait time and priority rights as the high levels and get rid of the “ingrade/downgrade” bullshit allowing up to a three level facility upgrade pursuant to hardships.

Don’t get me wrong, paying due respect to both aforementioned articles, 15 years is a long time at ANY undesired facility, but Priority Placement rights after 15 years for everyone and a +3 facility level allowance would be way better than what we have now, shits an absolute joke for lows/mids!

Last edited:
The worst part, the Facility of Preference article only gives us “Priority Consideration” after 7 years and only for ingrade/downgrade.

Level 10-12 facilities get “Priority Placement” after 15 years for ingrade/downgrade but basically means “anywhere you’d like to go.” This shit needs fixed BAD, I’d wait 15 years in the worst staffing if I know there was light at the end of the tunnel that lead to my dream facility. Make it the same wait time and priority rights as the high levels and get rid of the “ingrade/downgrade” bullshit allowing up to a three level facility upgrade pursuant to hardships.

Don’t get me wrong, paying due respect to both aforementioned articles, 15 years is a long time at ANY undesired facility, but Priority Placement rights after 15 years for everyone and a +3 facility level allowance would be way better than what we have now, shits an absolute joke for lows/mids!
How does priority consideration work? I wouldn’t mind moving to a parallel facility if it allowed me a way out of the current place.

How does priority consideration work? I wouldn’t mind moving to a parallel facility if it allowed me a way out of the current place.
Article 60 in the slate book lays out how someone is granted facility of preference after 8 years CPC time at their facility which basically grants you priority consideration status for the NCEPT as defined in article 100. But it’s only for facility ingrade/downgrade.

Article 124 says anyone at a level 10-12 facility with 15 consecutive years as a CPC has priority placement status for ingrade/downgrade (so basically anywhere for 12’s) and are placed before others under priority consideration but priority placement occurs after the assignment of training failures and hardships.

Should be 10 years from the date you arrive at the facility. None of the CPC rule BS.
Agreed, if you certify the training time added on is otherwise considered toward your seniority anyway. And if you wash out it becomes irrelevant.

NCEPT Timeline:
Sunday, 21 April – ERR submission deadline (must be received by 23:59EST)
Monday, 22 April –Facilities shall update SWB (must be completed by 8:30 am EST)
Tuesday, 23 April – HR Staffing Workbook entries completed by 8:30 am EST
Wednesday, 24 April – Facility Priority Placement Tool
Friday, 3 May – NCEPT data run (Every ERR package must be uploaded by 8:30 am EST)
Monday, 6 May – HR resume upload begins
Friday, 10 May – HR resume upload complete
Monday, 13 May – Manager Ranking List published (Opened)
Friday, 17 May – Manager Rankings completed (Closed)
Monday, 20 May – P21 prepares data for NCEPT board
Tuesday, 21 May – NCEPT convenes/adjourns
Post NCEPT Selection Meeting Timeline:

3rd Quarter (May) NCEPT Selection Dates:
NCEPT meeting adjourns May 21
TOL sent to employees no later than June 7th, 2024 (two weeks)
Category 1 Three-month release date
August 25, 2024 (PP19)
Employee may request to extend an additional 3 months - November 17th, 2024 (PP25)
Category 2 One Year Release Date
May 18, 2025 (PP12)

NCEPT Timeline:
Sunday, 21 April – ERR submission deadline (must be received by 23:59EST)
Monday, 22 April –Facilities shall update SWB (must be completed by 8:30 am EST)
Tuesday, 23 April – HR Staffing Workbook entries completed by 8:30 am EST
Wednesday, 24 April – Facility Priority Placement Tool
Friday, 3 May – NCEPT data run (Every ERR package must be uploaded by 8:30 am EST)
Monday, 6 May – HR resume upload begins
Friday, 10 May – HR resume upload complete
Monday, 13 May – Manager Ranking List published (Opened)
Friday, 17 May – Manager Rankings completed (Closed)
Monday, 20 May – P21 prepares data for NCEPT board
Tuesday, 21 May – NCEPT convenes/adjourns
Post NCEPT Selection Meeting Timeline:

3rd Quarter (May) NCEPT Selection Dates:
NCEPT meeting adjourns May 21
TOL sent to employees no later than June 7th, 2024 (two weeks)
Category 1 Three-month release date
August 25, 2024 (PP19)
Employee may request to extend an additional 3 months - November 17th, 2024 (PP25)
Category 2 One Year Release Date
May 18, 2025 (PP12)
Is the release % requirement pretty much always 85% for CPCs?

Does “projected” numbers count? We’re at 83 percent and about to CPC one other but I don’t think it’ll be in time. Trying get my azz to D10

Ten years is ridiculous, Rich’s ass needs voted out and when the contract is up, we need to have NCEPT renegotiated because it’s designed for a staffing situation that we won’t see for years to come. And this, my dear friends is not it.

Just wait until the new CRWG numbers are used for NCEPT.

I'm amused that so many people are so willing to talk out of both sides of their mouth. How can you complain about six day work weeks and staffing and also say you want everyone to be able to transfer to their dream facility? Every time someone transfers that lowers staffing for at least a year... you can either let more people go to where they desire or work less six day work weeks... you can't have both.

Let's not pretend the FAA is actually going to do anything to help staffing. Nothing will change in the remainder of my career. People will still complain about initial placement. People will still complain about being able to transfer. People will still complain about working overtime. I honestly believe if you left it up to the FAA there would be no transferring. That's their solution.

I'm amused that so many people are so willing to talk out of both sides of their mouth. How can you complain about six day work weeks and staffing and also say you want everyone to be able to transfer to their dream facility? Every time someone transfers that lowers staffing for at least a year... you can either let more people go to where they desire or work less six day work weeks... you can't have both.

Let's not pretend the FAA is actually going to do anything to help staffing. Nothing will change in the remainder of my career. People will still complain about initial placement. People will still complain about being able to transfer. People will still complain about working overtime. I honestly believe if you left it up to the FAA there would be no transferring. That's their solution.
This is why I think it's dumb when people try to shit on Rich for saying to Congress that the transfer system is fine during a hearing about staffing. The fix for NCEPT as it relates to staffing is to stop transfers.

Back
Top Bottom