2 Jets collide at HOU. What happened?

??? Ridiculous... So he takes off, the other guy is on the runway but not a fireball, we're all gonna think holy shit that was close, let me switch him so he can get some altitude before we brasher him
Let me switch him so I can make the next guy brasher him.

A Navy veteran and self-published poet,..., had been working in air traffic control since around 2010, with stints in South Bend, Ind., and elsewhere. By 2019, he was in Austin.

He had been in the agency for over ten years, not at AUS until 2019 though.

Shoutout to the pointsixtyfive staff, thanks for deleting my alt account and throttling this account. Im sure my post will get deleted since I'm borderline shadowbanned. Don't post ill of Hamas/Palestinians or they'll come down hard on you.
lol Coffee. Your takes are always dumb enough no matter which account you’re using we know it’s you!

You guys are talking about free booster leave. Meanwhile, we had a trainee go home last Sunday, tested positive for Covid at Urgent Care, told the RFS, and came back to work within 15 hours of testing positive and worked all week because there is no current Covid policy according to the RFS.
Uhhh we definitely have guidance still that you have to stay home for 5 days and be symptom free before returning and wear a mask.

You guys are talking about free booster leave. Meanwhile, we had a trainee go home last Sunday, tested positive for Covid at Urgent Care, told the RFS, and came back to work within 15 hours of testing positive and worked all week because there is no current Covid policy according to the RFS.

It is now your duty to ensure this person washes out.

Season 4 Discovery GIF by Paramount+

Tons of people both on here and in tons of other aviation forums were ragging on the controllers all because the pilot blamed them first. I just hope enough people who talked all that shit actually read this and see these guys did exactly what they were supposed to do. Especially the bit about them noticing the movement before the ASDE alerted them.

The controller might still eat some of this for not making a required traffic call to AA referencing the traffic landing on 13R.

He did a commendable job after the collision for sure though.

The controller might still eat some of this for not making a required traffic call to AA referencing the traffic landing on 13R.

They also told the hawker “hold your positon, stop stop!” Is there standard phraseology for telling someone to abort a takeoff? I’ve never worked tower

Is there standard phraseology for telling someone to abort a takeoff?
3-9-11.
PHRASEOLOGY- CANCEL TAKEOFF CLEARANCE (reason).

edit—but "HOLD POSITION" is also good phraseology, albeit from the "Taxi and Ground Movement Procedures" section. And in this case there was no takeoff clearance to be canceled...

Last edited:

Oh for sure, “exactly what they were supposed to do” wasn’t quite the wording I should have used.

It was mainly the folks accusing these guys of being negligent and either not noticing AA was rolling or not doing anything to stop them.

Back
Top Bottom