2 Jets collide at HOU. What happened?

This one is scary. Swiss cheese model starting to mold? Just imagine what this could have been. There's been some close calls recently, but this is more than an incident, this has now come to accident status.

Break out the popcorn.

This one is scary. Swiss cheese model starting to mold? Just imagine what this could have been. There's been some close calls recently, but this is more than an incident, this has now come to accident status.

Break out the popcorn.
But initial reports are it’s the pilot’s fault so no Swiss cheeses just one guy. Back to #razewen?

Can’t wait for all the non controllers to get insufferable in the comments of the next VASAviation video
Yeah that is the worst part. Then the mainstream media get a hold of it. I wonder what the statistics for “close calls and incidents” are throughout previous decades in comparison to this one. Are we really having more or is there more oversight and systems in place to catch them?

But initial reports are it’s the pilot’s fault so no Swiss cheeses just one guy. Back to #razewen?
The pilot of the departing aircraft is the one who was pissed on frequency and accused the controller of clearing someone for takeoff or to land while he was departing. Doesn’t add up. Unless he really thought he had a takeoff clearance but didn’t. Controller never said anything like “you took off without clearance” though. It’s missing from audio because the feed is shared with approach freq.

Even the FAA isn’t stupid enough to put out a statement saying the hawker took off without a clearance unless they have a statement from controller backed up by the tapes verifying it.

I saw the falcon. It’s clearly a departure vs arrival on crossing runways and milliseconds from both being scrap metal.
Citation landing 4, yeah? 18:25 has its position @ 1.5 from the rwy.

It’s gonna get a lot worse before it gets worse

There have been closer calls than the AUS incident already this year, they just didn't get publicized.

A lot of these issues are controller errors, but I feel like the quality of some of the pilots isn't great. I've had readback issues lately that I expect from a student pilot in a C172, not of a pilot in a B767.

There have been closer calls than the AUS incident already this year, they just didn't get publicized.

A lot of these issues are controller errors, but I feel like the quality of some of the pilots isn't great. I've had readback issues lately that I expect from a student pilot in a C172, not of a pilot in a B767.
Yup I agree. I’ve also experienced the same. The amount of skill and experience on both sides of the radio is terrifying. Like I said…. It’s gonna get a lot worse before it gets worse

I love the pestering me for clearance when I'm clearly talking to aircraft on other frequencies. Then you give them clearance at a reasonable rate, and they respond with, "uhhh. I didn't catch anything after the SID." Then you give it to them even slower and they still butcher it.

Yeah, fair enough. The Hawker pilot’s confident tone threw me off, maybe just arrogance though. Glad no one got killed.
There’s a rumor on aviation Reddit that he was told 22 via foxtrot echo, and read back something like fly heading 120, 22 cleared to go or something in that ballpark. Unconfirmed but it would explain his incredulity

Sounds like an Archie for the ground controller. The other guy never says anything about the guy taking off without a clearance!

Would you honestly scold a pilot on frequency who has an emergency? Would you even scold them on frequency if it wasn’t an emergency? Or would you have a little seed of doubt in the back of your brain going “oh fuck did I clear him?!”

Back
Top Bottom