En Route 3/25/21

Ok folks just got a call from my HR rep about an hour ago. I was briefed that due to COVID and the inclement weather there the academy is seeing delays. Due to these delays things are up in the air right now (no pun intended). I was told I will start the academy online March 9 and then tentatively starting OKC march 25. Is anyone else hearing the same thing?

Also I was briefed that right when we get off the phone she will be working on my FOL.

Ok folks just got a call from my HR rep about an hour ago. I was briefed that due to COVID and the inclement weather there the academy is seeing delays. Due to these delays things are up in the air right now (no pun intended). I was told I will start the academy online March 9 and then tentatively starting OKC march 25. Is anyone else hearing the same thing?

Also I was briefed that right when we get off the phone she will be working on my FOL.
Basics itself is like 19 days not including weekends. If you are starting online basics March 9 (which the catalog isn't showing) you wont be going to OKC until April sometime.

Academy was closed Tuesday and Wed, and already closed on Thursday.

So any academy start dates in March might get delayed

Basics itself is like 19 days not including weekends. If you are starting online basics March 9 (which the catalog isn't showing) you wont be going to OKC until April sometime.
Well I am a bit confused cause previously my rep briefed me and said due to my previous experience I did not have to do the online basics. I thought I was starting online without the basics...
Academy was closed Tuesday and Wed, and already closed on Thursday.

So any academy start dates in March might get delayed
That is what my rep said as well. Interestingly I was supposed to start the academy at OKC on 3/25. Then now she is saying i start 3/9 but do a portion of it online and the rest in person at OKC. So I have no idea what is going on.

I still haven’t heard anything about anything, I was supposed to start online basics 3/25 then the academy 4/28 or so. And I’m expecting a baby 4/3, so I’m really hoping those dates don’t change so I can be around for the first month of baby being here.

I still haven’t heard anything about anything, I was supposed to start online basics 3/25 then the academy 4/28 or so. And I’m expecting a baby 4/3, so I’m really hoping those dates don’t change so I can be around for the first month of baby being here.
Well congrats to you! I have 2 myself. That is going to be rough for sure. Assuming you were the same date as I was you may be getting a notification here soon. Did you advise your rep that you are expecting?

Well congrats to you! I have 2 myself. That is going to be rough for sure. Assuming you were the same date as I was you may be getting a notification here soon. Did you advise your rep that you are expecting?
I had a different person call me about the potential dates and I said to her “that actually works out perfect, I’ll be home for a bit once the baby’s born”. And thank you!

Congrats to all of you. What are your start dates. As stated previously I have a online boarding date of 3/9 then start OKC 3/25. This is all tentative of course even if you have a FOL.
My FOL just has an effective date of 3/25, doesn’t say if that’s onboarding, class start, or both.

Mine was expired as well. I retested recently. I was told an FOL is on the way. Kims told me they are completely booked. Actually all the major housing providers told me they were completely booked. Most booked all the way through may. I think one of them had vacancy kinda close to the dates we need.

I ended up contacting one of the FAA approved housing providers and got a reservation for a hotel close to the academy. I will be driving as well. Hopefully the nadoes leave my vehicle alone. Not sure which one I am going to take yet. Where are you coming from?
I reached out to Kim and she said she was actually only full into March, I just submitted for placement with her tonight, so I’m hoping I actually get a place there.

I reached out to Kim and she said she was actually only full into March, I just submitted for placement with her tonight, so I’m hoping I actually get a place there.
Is our date of 4/28 in OKC set in stone? The FOL didn’t say a date of when we would be going there, I just heard 4/28 on the initial phone call months ago

Is our date of 4/28 in OKC set in stone? The FOL didn’t say a date of when we would be going there, I just heard 4/28 on the initial phone call months ago
With Covid and the weather, I don’t think anything is set in stone, but she told me to book and if things changed to let her know. And I’m thinking if anything, stuff will get pushed back rather than moved up.

Back
Top Bottom