4th quarter 2017

Much needed change, but they should be glad it stops at FY2014 as the numbers here would be even lower after being forced to receive people from the NCEPT and VRAs.

Does P80 really have a lower checkout rate than A80 and C90?
It's probably due to a small sample size and that sample size being unsuccessful though their traditional checkout rate could be much higher. Hypothetical examples: Only 8 people transfer/new hires at P80 (staffing relatively good) and 4 make it=50%. Say 120 transfer/new hires at A80 and 60 make it= 50%.

It's probably due to a small sample size and that sample size being unsuccessful though their traditional checkout rate could be much higher. Hypothetical examples: Only 8 people transfer/new hires at P80 (staffing relatively good) and 4 make it=50%. Say 120 transfer/new hires at A80 and 60 make it= 50%.
I'm hoping this new checkout percentage puts A80 up higher on priority this time. Being that low but eligible to select so many is ridiculous. Put A80 in the top 5 along with the other two terribly staffed large TRACONs.

I'm hoping this new checkout percentage puts A80 up higher on priority this time. Being that low but eligible to select so many is ridiculous. Put A80 in the top 5 along with the other two terribly staffed large TRACONs.

What would be nice is if A80 could finally get that one time deviation there has been rumors about...

Lol!!!! This is the most poorly executed "goal" I could think of. Even it was shared, the only thing that's being looked at is the movement itself. It's all a numbers game with no regard to merit, seniority, etc.
I'm sure I'm giving both sides too much credit. I can only assume the real motivation with this new process was to make sure they don't rob Peter to pay Paul. They're trying to prop the staffing up nationally all together. There's obviously an enormous number of serious unintended consequences that we can see now that's it's been implemented.
increased movement is absolutely not a goal. the goal is to limit movement so they can up the numbers.
If they limit movement how are they going to up the numbers at 8-12s? And the numbers getting increased at 8-12s is what saves the agency millions of dollars in OT.

I'm sure I'm giving both sides too much credit. I can only assume the real motivation with this new process was to make sure they don't rob Peter to pay Paul. They're trying to prop the staffing up nationally all together. There's obviously an enormous number of serious unintended consequences that we can see now that's it's been implemented.

If they limit movement how are they going to up the numbers at 8-12s? And the numbers getting increased at 8-12s is what saves the agency millions of dollars in OT.
New hires

There's obviously an enormous number of serious unintended consequences that we can see now that's it's been implemented.

The faults were clear and predictable from the beginning.

Andrew LeBovidge talking about the high level facilities: "They're just going to have to suffer for a while."

The faults were clear and predictable from the beginning.

Andrew LeBovidge talking about the high level facilities: "They're just going to have to suffer for a while."
And what constitutes a while only he knows... could be 3 years, could be 10.

Or until we privatize and all those small facilities shut down. Half the people could be used to augment staffing, the other half "you've been a great asset to the agency, but unfortunately due to business decisions we have to move in a different direction regarding your employment"

Rumor has it that P80 is extremely complex. Lots of MVAs. Crazy wind shifts on final regularly. Etc.

P80 has had two or three people straight quit the agency while in training the last couple years lol. They haven't been getting a lot of inbounds but the training program and airspace can be complicated. I have also heard bad things about the work environment, disgruntled workforce etc.

P80 has had two or three people straight quit the agency while in training the last couple years lol. They haven't been getting a lot of inbounds but the training program and airspace can be complicated. I have also heard bad things about the work environment, disgruntled workforce etc.

A Disgruntled workforce is going to be common at most facilities so long as this NCEPT thing hangs around.

I have faith but my facility is in a good place to release 2 or 3 next panel
We were basically guaranteed to be cat 2 in sept but the PPT will be upended drastically next week and now we'll be miles away from being able to release. This is without any actual staffing changes, it's solely because they're doing the math different. Are you sure your proj is going to increase at a larger rate than the new natl avg? It'll be a big hurdle.

We were basically guaranteed to be cat 2 in sept but the PPT will be upended drastically next week and now we'll be miles away from being able to release. This is without any actual staffing changes, it's solely because they're doing the math different. Are you sure your proj is going to increase at a larger rate than the new natl avg? It'll be a big hurdle.

I manually entered all the new training times and percentages for every facility (based on the email that was sent out) into the June PPT and the new projected national average was 88.9% (up from 87.9), while the new average training time was 1.42 years (down from 1.72). So not as bad as I thought it was going to be but overall, still a larger hurdle to jump.

our training time went from 2 to 1.4 and our success rate went from 68.7 to 83... our projected is still going to be over 100% because we have 8,000 developmentals.

did some back of the envelope math and based on the percentages in the memo the average is ~80%.

You can take that and use it to get whatever the projected natl average will be. Or just wait for a couple days for the new ppt.

Edit: never mind didn't see the above posts

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom