4th quarter 2017

NCEPT gurus out there, I have a question.

We just lost someone on this NCEPT and our current AOB is 19/22. And out projected is 89.6% with that guy counted as a committed outbound. His release date is in November.

Will we be able to release someone on this A80/LAX NCEPT in October?

I imagine we would be since both requirements are still fulfilled.

NCEPT gurus out there, I have a question.

We just lost someone on this NCEPT and our current AOB is 19/22. And out projected is 89.6% with that guy counted as a committed outbound. His release date is in November.

Will we be able to release someone on this A80/LAX NCEPT in October?

I imagine we would be since both requirements are still fulfilled.
Staffing doesn't play into it from my understanding

Section 3 states release dates are not subject to the NRP

Yes. Like those two without the move money and level 8 requirement

Hmmm, I guess when I read the new MOU, I still understood it as you had to be eligible. Cool.

Now how would it work if we had a guy selected to A80 on this past panel. His release is in November so when would the 2nd person from my facility release be?

Hmmm, I guess when I read the new MOU, I still understood it as you had to be eligible. Cool.

Now how would it work if we had a guy selected to A80 on this past panel. His release is in November so when would the 2nd person from my facility release be?
Section 6 is the catch all. No release policy can conflict with it including the NRP.

Section 6 is the catch all. No release policy can conflict with it including the NRP.

WOW! So basically, it's going to be next to impossible for a level 6 controller to get selected there. If ALL ERRs from every facility are considered valid then there are going to be 100s of ERR submitted.

WOW! So basically, it's going to be next to impossible for a level 6 controller to get selected there. If ALL ERRs from every facility are considered valid then there are going to be 100s of ERR submitted.
Never hurts to try. It will definitely be interesting as a number of 8/9 up/downs haven't been eligible yet.

Another question. We lost a guy to A80 on the September panel. Per the new MOU, are we going to be eligible to release someone because of the 1 every 6 month thing? The way I read it was that only mattered if it were on the same round of selections. Since he got picked up in sept, and I would hypothetically get picked up in Oct, would that be ok?

Another question. We lost a guy to A80 on the September panel. Per the new MOU, are we going to be eligible to release someone because of the 1 every 6 month thing? The way I read it was that only mattered if it were on the same round of selections. Since he got picked up in sept, and I would hypothetically get picked up in Oct, would that be ok?
There is ambiguity. It says unless staffing or workload permit, which to me means Cat 1 or Cat 2, but it could simply be your managers opinion.
Regardless, I read it as only 1 per six months can be released. I imagine that even at facilities under Cat 2, multiple people can be selected and their release dates will be 6 months apart with seniority being the tiebreak to determine who goes first.

There is ambiguity. It says unless staffing or workload permit, which to me means Cat 1 or Cat 2, but it could simply be your managers opinion.
Regardless, I read it as only 1 per six months can be released. I imagine that even at facilities under Cat 2, multiple people can be selected and their release dates will be 6 months apart with seniority being the tiebreak to determine who goes first.

That's what I was thinking too. Is there any way to verify this for sure?

What is the consensus at everyone's facilities? I know it's a free out if you get picked up, but is this lucrative to those in mid levels 8-9 who wanna move up but don't have the staffing? Maybe @Robertb has an idea of how many they're looking for? I'd assume somewhere near 41 minus whatever they picked up Sept NCEPT... Very interesting for sure...

What is the consensus at everyone's facilities? I know it's a free out if you get picked up, but is this lucrative to those in mid levels 8-9 who wanna move up but don't have the staffing? Maybe @Robertb has an idea of how many they're looking for? I'd assume somewhere near 41 minus whatever they picked up Sept NCEPT... Very interesting for sure...
We have 2 confirmed A80 submissions, 2 for LAX, all pre MOU with at least 2 more possible for LAX and however many more that put in based on the MOU

We have 2 confirmed A80 submissions, 2 for LAX, all pre MOU with at least 2 more possible for LAX and however many more that put in based on the MOU
So... I kinda checked out after I didn't get picked up last week... But did a80 not take all they could? You said there were 2 pre a80 mou... So were they infact passed over?

My suggestion for people putting in for this new MOU is be 100% sure it's what you want and know you're going to get your teeth kicked in. This shouldn't be just a "bypass the NRP" plan, because if you show up unprepared and can't hack it, you will be right back where you are now, a couple years behind the ERRing curve. This will not be an instant staffing problem fix, so you should plan to be stuck worse than you are now.

Good luck to everyone!

Back
Top Bottom