After graduating and being assigned to a facility, am I required to go to the facility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My plan is to go where ever they send me. If I don't like it try to work it out till I have the required experience to move over to a private contract tower in a better location if I can't transfer.
Correct me if I’m wrong because I don’t know much about control towers but don’t you make a much lower salary?

Correct me if I’m wrong because I don’t know much about control towers but don’t you make a much lower salary?
Not necessarily, if you’re assigned a 4 or a 5 you’ll make about the same or better at a contract tower in some areas. One I was at will even let you have up to the max 20 hours of OT a week anytime you want. (Although these days they’re usually assigned 6 8’s anyway)

Don’t go to Nebraska. Instead, choose places in Louisiana like MLU, LCH, or even SHV.

Once you arrive for duty, hardship out and move back to Florida.

It can be done.

Joining the FAA for ATC is like signing up for the military. You must serve for the agreed upon term and go wherever they send you otherwise if you try to leave you"ll be considered AWOL and go to a court martial then serve time at the brig in Fort Leavenworth. You'll then be dishonorably discharged from the FAA and be tainted for life then good luck finding a good job after that.

I thought it was fairly easy to cpc and transfer out on the terminal side? Just grit your teeth for a year and a half. No?

Don’t go to Nebraska. Instead, choose places in Louisiana like MLU, LCH, or even SHV.

Go to beautiful Nebraska to detox from the rest of the fallen world. The Cooper farm in Interstellar was right in Colorado near the Nebraska border. Live closer to nature with minimal light pollution and be cleansed and ultimately saved! If your life could be as deep as this beautiful movie you would be WINNING. Children of the Corn was there too, but that movie is obviously fake.

Nebraska.jpg

CooperFarm.jpg

My question is essentially if I get assigned somewhere (aka Nebraska just as an example) that I can’t see myself surviving (Florida guy here lol) am I required to go or can I just simply walk away from the job?
I know it’s a big investment of time to walk away but it’s a question I’ve wondered for a while. Thanks!
Why can't you see yourself "surviving" in a place like Nebraska? Is it the geographical location? Is it stereotypes of the people/location? The aging grandparents appear to be included as an afterthought in the original post so I'm genuinely curious.

we had a terrible list and one guy in my class was talking shit about all the locations saying he’s probably gonna quit anyway while other people are failing their PA’s and missing out on their dream job. The dude failed anyway.

I don’t buy into the “taking a spot away from someone else” bullshit because the FAA is literally making 6 person classes right now. You gotta do what’s best for you and your life and if it that means turning it down, then do it. Take care of your chicken, take care of your mentals.

I'd be willing to bet the small class sizes have more to do with the unpredictable funding during the last few couple than anything. Right after the budget was signed they started dropping class dates for the recent bid and are already doing another bid this year..

Don't listen to these guys, all you have to do is pass the academy, go to Billings, you'll certify in 8 months, bid DFW and you'll get it immediately because BIL is a guaranteed CAT1 dream feeder. Boom, happily ever after.

Unrelated: I feel like the standards for entry have dropped a lot...

Right and I’m not trying to be an idiot. All stuff I’m taking into consideration. It’s mainly being here for aging grandparents and having to take care of them.
Your intital post says "...if I get assigned somewhere (aka Nebraska just as an example)..." and "...(Florida guy here lol)..." but no mention of aging grandparents. When there's criticism you conveniently add that part which looked like an afterthought and it really just reeks of entitlement insofar as you're willing or would be willing to walk away from this career because you deserve Florida or anything other than Nebraska. Seems legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom