Hiring Bid ANE-ATO-20-RMC-68875

Retiring would mean that people over the age of 38 would be considered for the job. I doubt this means they are hiring veterans that have served for 20+ years.
That’s exactly what this is. You don’t pay into FERS, and you continue to draw your military pension. I worked with a guy a previous facility who was trying to get an extension, he was 50 I believe and on his second contract.

As others have mentioned, it’s a way for the FAA to get people who in theory will require minimal training to bolster staffing for five years, possibly longer, and won’t incur additional pension obligations.

These scabs are going to be used to replace our true trainees.

Yes Irish, for cheaper and less benefits. Theyre basically migrant workersdoing jobs "Americans aren't willing to do", once the furloughs start and the Union gets destroyed. Trojan horses. NATCA will save us i think

Call me crazy, but that list looks like it’s generally made up of places people don’t want to go with a couple exceptions. Could wind up working out in some future trainees benefit if they don’t have to go to Monroe, LA or try to afford to live in Hawaii. And if they count as staffing for NCEPT could be a way out.

"if you're not 15 mins early you're late"

main-qimg-6cf21e5f8540e634e8e0f7790eaf5c84

Question for the experienced in here; if a retired military controller is hired on is it possible to reach an FAA retirement since the required ATC retirement age is 56? Would one have to stop controlling and secure a different non-controlling job for the remaining years? Thanks.

Also, I’ve read through these posts and what is all the hostility towards hiring military controllers?

Question for the experienced in here; if a retired military controller is hired on is it possible to reach an FAA retirement since the required ATC retirement age is 56? Would one have to stop controlling and secure a different non-controlling job for the remaining years? Thanks.

Also, I’ve read through these posts and what is all the hostility towards hiring military controllers?
Maximum age for ATC retirement is 56 with 25 years, but if they don’t have 25 years, max age is 62

Reading this bid it says maximum time will not exceed 10 years. Why would anyone take a job knowing they couldn’t retire from it? Is there something I’m missing? After 10 years can you transfer into another FAA job not controller related?

Reading this bid it says maximum time will not exceed 10 years. Why would anyone take a job knowing they couldn’t retire from it? Is there something I’m missing? After 10 years can you transfer into another FAA job not controller related?
Would you rather take a potentially low paying job for an unknown amount of time, or take a decent-good paying ATC job for a known amount of time? And then while you have the government job, look around for other jobs you can slide into that don't have a maximum age?

Back
Top Bottom