Another reason to avoid privatization

DankVectorz

Legendary Member
FAA
Facility
N90 New York Tracon
Airways New Zealand is using the drop in traffic from Corona as an excuse to permanently close 7 towers, with coinciding layoffs. Key phrase from the company imo is “It is simply not viable to continue the same level of service at locations where there are no passenger flights,”

Airways New Zealand is using the drop in traffic from Corona as an excuse to permanently close 7 towers, with coinciding layoffs. Key phrase from the company imo is “It is simply not viable to continue the same level of service at locations where there are no passenger flights,”

But a seat at the table...

I think what was meant is that, NATCA can only try and negotiate so much. It ultimately boils down to the simple fact that, FAA will do what the FAA wants to do.

The FAA is pretty much always advocating for white book conditions, so everything we enjoy above that is a benefit of NATCAs negotiating. Fucking obviously the union can't unilaterally dictate conditions we want on anything, but it give us a voice and drastically improves conditions for us. All of these people that have never had to work in actual shit conditions apparently don't understand the work being done on their behalf. The fact that people have that mindset is insane and shows how ignorant they are.

If people really think that because everything isn't exactly perfect for them it means the union is useless or doing nothing, it's going to be their actual nightmare soon. When this shining star in office inevitably wins again, all of his idiot supporters here are gonna get a big dick in the ass when we have to negotiate a new contract. Between his union busting administration and his executive orders that we've enjoyed immunity from up to this point, the best hope is that we can just extend the slate book as long as possible.

I think it’s pretty safe to say if NATCA didn’t exist, trainees/non essentials would still be at work, and the schedule changes would have never happened. Things probably would have been business as usual, or close to it.

The FAA is pretty much always advocating for white book conditions, so everything we enjoy above that is a benefit of NATCAs negotiating. Fucking obviously the union can't unilaterally dictate conditions we want on anything, but it give us a voice and drastically improves conditions for us. All of these people that have never had to work in actual shit conditions apparently don't understand the work being done on their behalf. The fact that people have that mindset is insane and shows how ignorant they are.

If people really think that because everything isn't exactly perfect for them it means the union is useless or doing nothing, it's going to be their actual nightmare soon. When this shining star in office inevitably wins again, all of his idiot supporters here are gonna get a big dick in the ass when we have to negotiate a new contract. Between his union busting administration and his executive orders that we've enjoyed immunity from up to this point, the best hope is that we can just extend the slate book as long as possible.

Theres a lot of area between the union is terrible and the union is great. They've dropped the ball on a lot of things recently. Ya the contract is good. We all appreciate it. But they can't rest on their laurels and pat themselves on the back when there's other things they have drastically underperformed on, namely tacitly endorsing privatization, ncept, and the family leave act (did that get fixed yet?),and going along with the agency's abysmal response to covid.

And yes, you can totally support the union and still criticize them for the things they've fucked up on. It's not a all or nothing proposition, and if I think my dues money isn't getting done what I think needs doing or can be done I have every right to say so.

Theres a lot of area between the union is terrible and the union is great. They've dropped the ball on a lot of things recently. Ya the contract is good. We all appreciate it. But they can't rest on their laurels and pat themselves on the back when there's other things they have drastically underperformed on, namely tacitly endorsing privatization, ncept, and the family leave act (did that get fixed yet?),and going along with the agency's abysmal response to covid.

And yes, you can totally support the union and still criticize them for the things they've fucked up on. It's not a all or nothing proposition, and if I think my dues money isn't getting done what I think needs doing or can be done I have every right to say so.
Well said, for the second time in my life I agree with the ginger communist.

Privatization I go back and forth on, and the family leave act I'm with you but I don't know what else could have been done.

The only reason people think NCEPT is a failure is because so many people are relatively new and A.) Haven't experienced the old system and B.) Aren't where they want to be yet. Statistically NCEPT has had so many more transfers it's not even close. There's unfortunately still some good ol boys club decision making but significantly less than there was before. The overwhelming majority of facilities that have had little or no movement have also had hardships and supe bids out the wazoo, which makes others go down the same path, which keeps moving the facility further from being healthy.

The union was fighting the FAA for a better covid response the whole time, I don't know what more people think they could do there. The current situation was driven entirely by NATCA and is pretty much the best response we could have asked for, barring the local management buffoons that have refused to implement it

Yeah you can absolutely criticize the union. To say NATCA has no power and to say your dues aren't doing anything is stupid. Especially when everyone is so caught up in wanting to criticize that they apparently have little actual idea of what the union does and doesn't do or endorse.

Privatization I go back and forth on, and the family leave act I'm with you but I don't know what else could have been done.

The only reason people think NCEPT is a failure is because so many people are relatively new and A.) Haven't experienced the old system and B.) Aren't where they want to be yet. Statistically NCEPT has had so many more transfers it's not even close. There's unfortunately still some good ol boys club decision making but significantly less than there was before. The overwhelming majority of facilities that have had little or no movement have also had hardships and supe bids out the wazoo, which makes others go down the same path, which keeps moving the facility further from being healthy.

The union was fighting the FAA for a better covid response the whole time, I don't know what more people think they could do there. The current situation was driven entirely by NATCA and is pretty much the best response we could have asked for, barring the local management buffoons that have refused to implement it

Yeah you can absolutely criticize the union. To say NATCA has no power and to say your dues aren't doing anything is stupid. Especially when everyone is so caught up in wanting to criticize that they apparently have little actual idea of what the union does and doesn't do or endorse.
I dunno ask the tsa union what else could have been done on the family leave act.

I dunno ask the tsa union what else could have been done on the family leave act.

Less than ours did actually, except do you know what their union is? Or a rough ballpark of how many members they have? Or are you just saying that cuz someone on here said theirs got it done and ours didn't?

Less than ours did actually, except do you know what their union is? Or a rough ballpark of how many members they have? Or are you just saying that cuz someone on here said theirs got it done and ours didn't?
I dunno they got the leave and we didn’t. That’s all I know fam.

I was part of the TSA Union when I worked for Homeland, I can assure you the resources they can muster as well as the activism is dwarfed by NATCA. 32andbelow is correct in wanting answers on why we were not included.

Back
Top Bottom