Any word on when OKC classes will resume?

Welcome packets went out today for a few classes that were in Initial En Route when things got shut down. July 6th. Looks like they'll be starting back very close to where they left off, schedule-wise.
Damn it's been a while. So you're starting off like... two months in? Can you elaborate?

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn it's been a while. So you're starting off like... two months in? Can you elaborate?
Looks like a start back of almost exactly where class was scheduled when they sent students home. So everyone going back now should have shorter than 3 months left. other than the class that got sent home around a day into En Route Initial.

Looks like a start back of almost exactly where class was scheduled when they sent students home. So everyone going back now should have shorter than 3 months left. other than the class that got sent home around a day into En Route Initial.
Wow didn't think that they'd do that, thought they would have given you guys at least a 2 week review or time to relearn some stuff.

Have you been doing virtual enroute as well? Thanks for the info.

I don't believe this is true. My class is scheduled for 58 days. Initial Enroute is 60 days. When we got sent home we were less than a week from nonradar evals. Where are you getting this information?

I don't believe this is true. My class is scheduled for 58 days. Initial Enroute is 60 days. When we got sent home we were less than a week from nonradar evals. Where are you getting this information?
We were 10 days in when we got sent home. We have 51 days when we go back. YMMV.

Last edited:

From my understanding 7 out of the 8 Enroute classes that are going back July 6 will start at the beginning of Non Radar. Those 7 classes had more than 8 students in a class. The plan at MMAC is to minimize those classes down to 8. So if your class had more than 8 students, check in on everyone to see if they have the same class number in the welcome packet. Every single class got assigned a new class number.
If your class was 2 days away from Non Radar or 4 weeks away from non Radar, you’re going back to the beginning.

What day in Enroute training are nonradar evals? Sounds like someone made a mistake if there's such conflicting information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone link an en route class catalogue? There are a few with the name "initial en route training" and none of them are showing July 6th classes. Im trying to find a class number.

My HR rep on Monday told me that they’re unsure when OKC will re open and that they’re scheduling online classes til end of July at least - and that if corona continues to suck then they’ll begin scheduling August classes too.

So is OKC actually re opening on July 6th? Or is it only re opening for people who have completed basics already

PS - what the hell is the second part of classes called? The first part is called basics but once you complete basics what are those next classes called? I know you go to your en route or terminal specific classes but what exactly are they called?

My HR rep on Monday told me that they’re unsure when OKC will re open and that they’re scheduling online classes til end of July at least - and that if corona continues to suck then they’ll begin scheduling August classes too.

So is OKC actually re opening on July 6th? Or is it only re opening for people who have completed basics already

PS - what the hell is the second part of classes called? The first part is called basics but once you complete basics what are those next classes called? I know you go to your en route or terminal specific classes but what exactly are they called?
Classes that are restarting on the 6th are all classes that had already started Initial Enroute Training.

I think any reasonable person would expect everyone showing up at the academy in the future to have already completed online basics.

We were 10 days in when we got sent home. We have 51 days when we go back. YMMV.
Correction . . . . I was counting the total days rather than the class days. Seems like my class will start with remote pilot procedures.

I think any reasonable person would expect everyone showing up at the academy in the future to have already completed online basics.

I just wasn’t sure of 2 things

1. Wasn’t sure if only people who initially started the en route training are going back to OKC to finish up, or if they’re sending all those people PLUS everyone who completed online basics to OKC

2. Wasn’t sure If they’re beginning to schedule basics classes at OKC again or if they’re still doing basics online meanwhile en route training gets completed at OKC

My class was in initial tower, day 1 of sims. We have been told that half our class is supposed to be on the 6th and the other half is supposed to be on the 10th... BUT we haven't received a welcome packet so... this is fun. And today is the last day of virtual review.

We also just got word from Kim about who is in what class. They told her who was supposed to come when. But STILL no communication from the FAA...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom