April 2018

Well my union Pres and VP met with the ATM and that's what they agreed to do. Not sure what RVP stands for haha sorry I'm terrible with acronyms
Absolutely fucking disgusting. Disgraceful. Hell, I'd even go as far to file an internal grievance against them with the union.

Thanks for the help. I'm guessing I would go to my new regional vice president since I'm going central to eastern
Go with your current.

Well my union Pres and VP met with the ATM and that's what they agreed to do. Not sure what RVP stands for haha sorry I'm terrible with acronyms
Is your local union on board with keeping you longer because fuck you and they don't want to lose the staffing?

'We learned of the results of the NCEPT panel for April yesterday afternoon. While we are happy for those that are getting to move, we are still extremely disappointed (clean version) that we cannot make any headway with getting our number changed. This is completely an FAA Finance issue, that will not allow our number to be changed. Without getting into the weeds in this format, the bottom line is that until we can get our number raised, we will be subject to having people leave for more critically staffed facilities. The difficulty with this, as we have said, is that based on a number that is incorrect, we are shown to be relatively healthy compared to many other facilities. Again, we have discussed this many times before, and we know it sounds like a broken record. At the end of the day, we are continuing to make our case heard and will not stop until we get our number changed. VP and I met with the ATM yesterday to discuss options and in the short term, deviation requests will be submitted to keep the category 1 selections at ZKC for up to a year. That is all we know for now.'

That's the exact email we got from our facrep. Interpret that however you will.

'We learned of the results of the NCEPT panel for April yesterday afternoon. While we are happy for those that are getting to move, we are still extremely disappointed (clean version) that we cannot make any headway with getting our number changed. This is completely an FAA Finance issue, that will not allow our number to be changed. Without getting into the weeds in this format, the bottom line is that until we can get our number raised, we will be subject to having people leave for more critically staffed facilities. The difficulty with this, as we have said, is that based on a number that is incorrect, we are shown to be relatively healthy compared to many other facilities. Again, we have discussed this many times before, and we know it sounds like a broken record. At the end of the day, we are continuing to make our case heard and will not stop until we get our number changed. VP and I met with the ATM yesterday to discuss options and in the short term, deviation requests will be submitted to keep the category 1 selections at ZKC for up to a year. That is all we know for now.'

They can moan and gripe and say whatever they want. They have zero input into your release.

So they think your staffing number is too low? How many CPCs do people at ZKC think are needed?

Too funny... Deviations are for case by case, extenuating circumstances... Not knee jerk reactions bc your facrep and ATM want more staffing...

That's funny our number is retarded high.

C7E10F99-630C-4212-BE31-9A28FE6475B6.jpeg

Good lord. Do your local President and VP have dress shirts and ties on underneath their NATCA shirts? They sure don't seem like they're advocating for their members by going along with management deviation requests.

Good lord. Do your local President and VP have dress shirts and ties on underneath their NATCA shirts? They sure don't seem like they're advocating for their members by going along with management deviation requests.

ZKC in general seems to have a lot of people born and raised In the area who could never imagine living anywhere other than here. You get a lot of confused looks and people ask questions like “If you didn’t want to work here why did you choose KC when you got hired?”. A lot of the people here don’t understand that those of us that were hired in the last 5 years got ZKC forced on us and have no connection to the area. And then they are stunned when we decide to leave. When you say you would like to do a swap or an ERR you don’t get much if any help from the union. In my case I consulted a rep and was told “everything you need is spelled out in the slate book” and that’s the extent of the help I got from them. In the end my FLM and another employee who had been through the process actually helped me figure out all the paperwork.

ZKC in general seems to have a lot of people born and raised In the area who could never imagine living anywhere other than here. You get a lot of confused looks and people ask questions like “If you didn’t want to work here why did you choose KC when you got hired?”. A lot of the people here don’t understand that those of us that were hired in the last 5 years got ZKC forced on us and have no connection to the area. And then they are stunned when we decide to leave. When you say you would like to do a swap or an ERR you don’t get much if any help from the union. In my case I consulted a rep and was told “everything you need is spelled out in the slate book” and that’s the extent of the help I got from them. In the end my FLM and another employee who had been through the process actually helped me figure out all the paperwork.
Great example of why this site exists.

I promise you it's not just the people there that think like that.

Pretty sure the current ZKC Facrep is unopposed in the RVP election.

Release date question. I am pretty sure the Priority Placement Tool 3-22 said Cat 1 release but the selection list said Cat 2. Can it be changed from the PPT to the actual selection?

Note: I’m EXTREMELY grateful to have been selected in the first place. Just curious about the change. I was under the impression the final PPT before the NCEPT panel had the final numbers/information.

Release date question. I am pretty sure the Priority Placement Tool 3-22 said Cat 1 release but the selection list said Cat 2. Can it be changed from the PPT to the actual selection?

Note: I’m EXTREMELY grateful to have been selected in the first place. Just curious about the change. I was under the impression the final PPT before the NCEPT panel had the final numbers/information.
PM me your facility and if you have others at your facility that currently have CAT 2 releases.

This whole situation is alarming. I'm happy that you're able to get out. I've known a lot of people that have worked and left ZKC, I've never heard anything positive about it. It's not hard to see why with leadership like this in place.
Pretty sure the current ZKC Facrep is unopposed in the RVP election.
Sadly, you are correct. My heart goes out to the central region having someone like this in office. I can't imagine having a human being like that as a FacRep at a lower level tower, much less an RVP of an entire region.

Back
Top Bottom