April 2018

The national average of actual cpc is 81.81%, so if losing 1 drops you below that, you can’t release anymore until you get some more cpc’s.
Right, but just because somebody is selected doesn’t mean the cpc percentage drops immediately. From what I understand the selection will only affect our committed outbound column until the cpc selected actually walks out the door.

While the CPC percentage won't drop until they actually walk out the door on their release date, during the selections they act as if they were walking out the door that second. So the selections are based on both actual and projected numbers having one CPC taken away immediately. That's why during the selection, only one CPC will be allowed to be selected. Because it's the having one CPC taken away immediately from your actual number (23/28 down to 22/28) that will put you below the actual CPC national average.

But after the panel your actual number will stay the same until their actual release date and the projected number will have one taken away from it immediately. So even though your actual number won't change after the panel for at least 6-12 months when the lucky CPC to be selected actually leaves, (barring any hardships or retirements, etc) during selections they are taken away for pretend and stop you for being able to release any more CPC's.

From what I remember, CPC-IT’s are treated as equally as CPCs during the NCEPT, correct? I was on the verge of checking out so I submitted my paperwork as a CPC-IT just to meet the deadline. I was planning on visiting the facilities I put in for and hand-delivering updated paperwork reflecting my CPC status, but I doubt I could get new copies to the NCEPT board at this point.

I was wondering this as well... not sure.

While the CPC percentage won't drop until they actually walk out the door on their release date, during the selections they act as if they were walking out the door that second. So the selections are based on both actual and projected numbers having one CPC taken away immediately. That's why during the selection, only one CPC will be allowed to be selected. Because it's the having one CPC taken away immediately from your actual number (23/28 down to 22/28) that will put you below the actual CPC national average.

But after the panel your actual number will stay the same until their actual release date and the projected number will have one taken away from it immediately. So even though your actual number won't change after the panel for at least 6-12 months when the lucky CPC to be selected actually leaves, (barring any hardships or retirements, etc) during selections they are taken away for pretend and stop you for being able to release any more CPC's.
Thanks for the clarification

I was wondering this as well... not sure.

I had an email correspondence with one of the NCEPT POC’s today, they said during the panel, they actually check CPC-IT’s to see if their status has changed from the time they submitted paperwork to the time the panel is held. Good news.

I had an email correspondence with one of the NCEPT POC’s today, they said during the panel, they actually check CPC-IT’s to see if their status has changed from the time they submitted paperwork to the time the panel is held. Good news.
I'm curious if this is why an additional selection was made at ~8 facilities this past panel. The facilities are listed in the most recent NCEPT minutes. I didn't analyze it yet to confirm. If so, it's a great new 'loophole' to get an additional body out.

Does this mean they don't consider CPC-ITs if they are still in training when the panel is held?

I'm curious if this is why an additional selection was made at ~8 facilities this past panel. The facilities are listed in the most recent NCEPT minutes. I didn't analyze it yet to confirm. If so, it's a great new 'loophole' to get an additional body out.

I'm confused what you mean by that. My issue was that the NCEPT SOP says something like (since I don't have it in front of me) "Facility rated CPCs shall receive priority over other employees." I take that to mean CPC-ITs will be looked at after CPCs at a given facility are looked at first, perhaps in like a "round 1a" and "round 1b" sort of manner. I didn't want to be passed over if my name came up (since my facility can only let one go this round, and I put in for some high-priority facilties), so I wanted to update my paperwork to reflect that I'm a CPC and not a CPC-IT, but I was told this isn't necessary, since they verify the status of CPC-IT/CPC during the panel.

Does this mean they don't consider CPC-ITs if they are still in training when the panel is held?

Like I said above, the NCEPT SOP says something like "Facility rated CPCs shall receive priority over other employees," so I assume they are considered, just only after CPCs.

I'm confused what you mean by that. My issue was that the NCEPT SOP says something like (since I don't have it in front of me) "Facility rated CPCs shall receive priority over other employees." I take that to mean CPC-ITs will be looked at after CPCs at a given facility are looked at first, perhaps in like a "round 1a" and "round 1b" sort of manner. I didn't want to be passed over if my name came up (since my facility can only let one go this round, and I put in for some high-priority facilties), so I wanted to update my paperwork to reflect that I'm a CPC and not a CPC-IT, but I was told this isn't necessary, since they verify the status of CPC-IT/CPC during the panel.
I thought it was peculiar that so many facilities were granted an additional release this passed panel, but if they are checking to see if CPC-IT's have certified and updating accordingly, it makes sense.

Ex. Your facility can only release one. With the majority of facilities having a healthy projected percentage, the CPC percentage is what normally restricts a facility to one release. It's not fair for a CPC-IT to take the facilities only release because they are not included in the CPC percentage, only the projected percentage. If they check to see if a CPC-IT has reached CPC status, it could grant an additional release from the facility after the PPT has locked, which could explain the number of facilities that were granted an additional release this past panel.

To touch on your main point. When the manager's ranking lists were published when the NCEPT first started, CPC-IT's were passed over, but a lot has changed since it's inception.

Gotcha. We were eligible for one release on the locked PPT due to my certification, I just certified between the date ERRs were due for this panel and when the numbers were due for the PPT. Knew it was going to happen, so I just threw in some ERRs with CPC-IT status.

Question: are the slots on the vacancy and priority list set in stone for the panel? Are they able to tweak some facilities that had 0 slots during the panel meeting to add some? Heard that with some people turning down an ERR on Feb. ncept for a particular facility, they would take a few on Apr. even though it indicates none on last list.

Question: are the slots on the vacancy and priority list set in stone for the panel? Are they able to tweak some facilities that had 0 slots during the panel meeting to add some? Heard that with some people turning down an ERR on Feb. ncept for a particular facility, they would take a few on Apr. even though it indicates none on last list.
10-12, 0 means 0. They don't receive a list to rank.
9 and below - The facility priority and vacancy list only shows the total number of people they can select to take the facility up to the national average. In reality, 9 and below can select up to 100% projected on the second pass. You can view the PPT to see how many people they can select on the second pass to bring them up to target.

Will there be one more updated priority list or is the one posted for April on KSN the one they will use for the April Ncept?

I think the deadline for removing err’s is 10 days prior to the panel so you might not be able to at this point.

I think the deadline for removing err’s is 10 days prior to the panel so you might not be able to at this point.

I'm pretty sure that you can email any of the NCEPT board up to the day before to pull an ERR. the deadline this Monday is for the manager's ranking lists to be submitted.

I'm pretty sure that you can email any of the NCEPT board up to the day before to pull an ERR. the deadline this Monday is for the manager's ranking lists to be submitted.

That's what I thought too, crap if not. Do you have the emails for the NCEPT Board by chance?

Oh, weird. I was just looking at ksn earlier and could have swore it said 10 days prior for removal. Either way, doesn’t hurt. I’m sure people wouldn’t be too happy if you turned it down and potentially blocked someone else.

Back
Top Bottom