April (Q2) 2019

Also just an fyi, if after calling the NCEPT POCs and figuring out what's going on, realizing that it is all messed up, then attempting to come to terms with everything. It has been proven that blaming your supe and the most senior guys in your fac has showed no significant progress in fixing any type of ERR, though saltier guys will say it is better than what was. So either way, as an 8 year military guy and now a 2.5 year fed guy...welcome to the gov and enjoy the damn ride, because Uncle Sam won't spit on it before it goes in.
To be honest under the old system with 2.5 years in you wouldn't have a shot at getting picked on an ERR unless it was a ZOA or N90 type facility. The fact that you have a realistic chance to transfer this early in your career is pretty awesome. I understand it has to happen 1st. But just having that opportunity is dope

placing 10 into training all at ounce might be a tall order. they may be trying to separate out selections out a bit... 1 has a release in 3 months the other 5 are 12 months at the latest. could you imagine 9 showing up on 4/12... not every facility could effectively handle that many trainees at one time. im not sure if this is accounted for when selections are made

placing 10 into training all at ounce might be a tall order. they may be trying to separate out selections out a bit... 1 has a release in 3 months the other 5 are 12 months at the latest. could you imagine 9 showing up on 4/12... not every facility could effectively handle that many trainees at one time. im not sure if this is accounted for when selections are made

That’s not how NCEPT works, though. If they can gain 10, and there are 10 eligible applicants, they get 10.

Cat 1, eligible to release 2 and applied for facility with 7 to gain. .. is that list with round 2?

They did select less than eligible that one ncept. I think it was mia, I90, lax and someone else because they decided they didn’t want to overwhelm the training departments. I guess everyone will find out tomorrow.

there can also be staffing corrections after the staffing worksheets is published official. people will see it and say "that is not right" and often fixes are made that are not published. they are however accounted for in the NCEPT selection..

It all depends on where you put into and how many they did pick up. Just because you're CAT 1 or 2 doesn't mean you're going anywhere. Facilites still only staff to the target for 10s and above or 100% by round 2 for 9s and below, then you have to factor who your facility let go and to where.

Either way I'm just playing devil's advocate at this point, if you believe there is an issue with your numbers. Look up a bit and ATCNOMAD said where you can find the people to address anything.
Staff to target means 100%. 10s and above staff to natl avg

They did select less than eligible that one ncept. I think it was mia, I90, lax and someone else because they decided they didn’t want to overwhelm the training departments. I guess everyone will find out tomorrow.
From the NCEPT SOP:

3.5.5. Consideration of ERR requests will generally occur up to the projected CPC AOB
national average percentage. However, requests for transfer to Facility Pay Level
(FPL) 9 and below facilities will be considered up to 100% of the projected CPC to
target percentage after all other ERR requests have been reviewed. The NCEPT
panel may expand consideration up to 100% to include additional FPL facilities.

The key word is consideration. Just because a facility can select a certain amount of people doesn't mean they are required to. If facility XYZ has five selections and only three ERRs but all three show up "Reference Check Negative", XYZ doesn't have to select a single person. Same thing happens with staffing backlog like James said. They avoided using words like 'shall' and 'must' in the SOP to give facilities a little leeway in who/how many they select.

Same boat. Cat 1 fac. Can release 2. Released 0. Also had in for Vegas who only got 6 out of 8. We could also select 1, got 0, and at least 1 of the facs who bod is could have lost them to us but didn't.

A80 did the same thing when there were 45+ in training.

This sucks the facility I had in for was eligible to pick up 1, I know it doesn't mean much but was told I was number one on the ranking list, but they have 0 selections. Hopefully around noon a different list will be posted showing round 2 selections.?‍♂️

That’s not how NCEPT works, though. If they can gain 10, and there are 10 eligible applicants, they get 10.

Not true. There was a telecon or a Q and A or something a couple years back where this exact situation was addressed. The NCEPT panel said they didn't want to overload a training department by sending too many at once. It's bogus. But it is what it is I guess.

Also just an fyi, if after calling the NCEPT POCs and figuring out what's going on, realizing that it is all messed up, then attempting to come to terms with everything. It has been proven that blaming your supe and the most senior guys in your fac has showed no significant progress in fixing any type of ERR, though saltier guys will say it is better than what was. So either way, as an 8 year military guy and now a 2.5 year fed guy...welcome to the gov and enjoy the damn ride, because Uncle Sam won't spit on it before it goes in.
I had to go FLM, Ops mgr, ATM, find people who left the facility, no real info on how to properly fill out err paperwork aside from vague natca guidelines. Luckily the HR at gaining district said it was good to go, I had so much anxiety over it. They really need to simply the two forms for human use.

This sucks the facility I had in for was eligible to pick up 1, I know it doesn't mean much but was told I was number one on the ranking list, but they have 0 selections. Hopefully around noon a different list will be posted showing round 2 selections.?‍♂️
Did anyone else at your facility get picked up?

Back
Top Bottom