April (Q2) 2019

Anyone know how long it usually takes for FOLs to go out?
When I was selected back in Dec of 17 this was my timeframe:

Gaining region HR lady called me approx. 7-10 days after the panel, to make a verbal offer, she won’t do the paperwork if you turn it down verbally. I accepted the verbal and she verified my email and I had a TOL in less than 2 weeks from being selected.

After the gaining and losing ATMs come up with a release date, you’ll get your FOL. My FOL was emailed to me 5 days after my TOL.

From panel meeting to FOL it was about 3 weeks.

That’s not how NCEPT works, though. If they can gain 10, and there are 10 eligible applicants, they get 10.

Just because they are eligibility doesn’t always get them there. Managers have the ability to rank them as insufficient experience of unsuccessful at a similar level or similar facility. So if there are 10 on the list doesn’t mean Ord wanted them all and they have the ability to say no thanks.

Did y'all know that federally employed zoologists start at 124k and cap at 170 something per year? That's what some of us make right now to stare at fu*king animals all day. On second thought, that's basically what we do right now anyways.
Just a thought if you didn't like the new list that came out. We hit the lottery when our name was called to join the faa. The hard part was getting in here. With just a little more patience, your name will be called again.

Did y'all know that federally employed zoologists start at 124k and cap at 170 something per year? That's what some of us make right now to stare at fu*king animals all day. On second thought, that's basically what we do right now anyways.
Just a thought if you didn't like the new list that came out. We hit the lottery when our name was called to join the faa. The hard part was getting in here. With just a little more patience, your name will be called again.

Horrible mindset to have. This is the problem with NCEPT. It's the people with this mindset that is why NCEPT is still here.

I get it, this job is great. That doesn't mean that I don't want to get back to a facility closer to home or a higher level facility to advance my career and make some more cash money.

I had little choice where I wanted to go to start out and it was fine for a few years. But to be stuck somewhere with no way out, is a terrible situation to be in and it causes a lot of tension.

So fine, make the argument that "there are so many people that would kill to have this job." I get it, I have friends that have been trying for years. BUT YOU CAN'T IGNORE CURRENT CONTROLLERS! Don't tell me to suck it up and deal with it.

I had to go FLM, Ops mgr, ATM, find people who left the facility, no real info on how to properly fill out err paperwork aside from vague natca guidelines. Luckily the HR at gaining district said it was good to go, I had so much anxiety over it. They really need to simply the two forms for human use.
You are at a VERY crapy facility if there was no one that could show you how to fill out a ERR. That or no one there likes you lol

You are either a troll or work at the easiest level 4 tower in the agency. Either way, what you just shared was pointless and if anything only made us all dumber

Horrible mindset to have. This is the problem with NCEPT. It's the people with this mindset that is why NCEPT is still here.

I get it, this job is great. That doesn't mean that I don't want to get back to a facility closer to home or a higher level facility to advance my career and make some more cash money.

I had little choice where I wanted to go to start out and it was fine for a few years. But to be stuck somewhere with no way out, is a terrible situation to be in and it causes a lot of tension.

So fine, make the argument that "there are so many people that would kill to have this job." I get it, I have friends that have been trying for years. BUT YOU CAN'T IGNORE CURRENT CONTROLLERS! Don't tell me to suck it up and deal with it.
Especially if that facility is another low level that gets bodies from every other avenue

List is up on ksn and after a quick glance it looks the same.

Wondering if somebody can shed some light. Facility I’m at was able to lose 7, facility I was trying to get to was able to take 1. Only 2 got selected from my current facility, and nobody was selected for my desired facility. How does this work?

Back
Top Bottom