April (Q2) 2019

You guys at facilities who can release people who aren't getting picked up at places that can take people but aren't need to start filing grievances
File a grievance vs who through? It would have to be vs. NATCA since they agreed to this. I doubt the grievance would get advanced. Filing vs incompetents in HR (not that they had the power to do this one their own either) who deserve it are out of the jurisdiction of our grievance process.

You all think this was a trial and error as this is a special panel due to the government shutdown or it is going to be here to stay? So in addition to your facility having enough staffing and the facility you want has openings, your facility has to be more healthy than the facility you want’s staffing (at least for round 2, who knows about round 1)

Here to stay. This was the rest of the email
We will be meeting with the agency to create a formula that takes both sides concerns into effect and moves forward with a lot more transparency, so our members will have a better idea of which facilities will be gaining and losing controllers. Our intent is to have the new formula up and running by the next panel. The next panel’s date will be decided at the next meeting.

Total ERRs considered: 4411
Total ERRs ranked: 1190
From 421 employees

Total Selections: 121

Approved Mutual Reassignments: 0

Enroute: 24
Terminal: 97

Category 1: 31
Category 2: 90

Losing facilities: 89
Gaining facilities: 53

Here to stay. This was the rest of the email

I wonder up to how many days are they going to go up to before an NCEPT panel to have locked numbers. There is a 2-3 week gap between the last PPT and April NCEPT. Hardships, retirements, etc. can happen in those 2-3 weeks causing a facility to select less amount of people than their possible gain number if that’s what just happened...

This is not "collaboration" as we hope and expect it to be... vis a vis members best interests; this is screwing members from getting where they want to be. NATCA should worry more about advocating for members and way less about appeasing their FAA masters. I heard the NCEPT has a new NATCA head, who is it? This is a FAIL. Vote them out. #notimpressed

Last edited by a moderator:
For filing in union grievances, you can't because GAT only tracks vs FAA ones. It's a catch-22. We had a member wanting to file against a BUE for negotiating on behalf of the union, and this was the response. And NATCA did not one to pursue it outside the union.

With ATSAP, everyone can do whatever they want, whenever they want. No one gives a shit until the FAA or the union has egg on it's face in the media. Someone has to take the bullet and be the face like Anne Whiteman did.

That's it, period. Prove me wrong.

OMG! This is a complete $h!t show!!!!!!! Happy I got picked up last Aug before this BS started. Feeling pretty lucky now too, since my old ATM hated my guts and would of DEFINITELY gave me a bad reference. Congratulations to the people that got picked up. But man, they REALLY need to do something about fixing this. Complete garbage

are there statistics about how many people got selected before NCEPT under the old system, VS. the new NCEPT process?

I feel like more people are changing facilities than ever before in a large part due to the new NCEPT process. It puts hard dates on when selections happen and keeps the system moving. but this is my personal feeling, I have no way of backing this up.

162 selected in Aug 2019
147 selected in Nov 2019
just over 4000 ERRs no way to know how many facilities any individual put in for.

are there statistics about how many people got selected before NCEPT under the old system, VS. the new NCEPT process?

I feel like more people are changing facilities than ever before in a large part due to the new NCEPT process. It puts hard dates on when selections happen and keeps the system moving. but this is my personal feeling, I have no way of backing this up.

162 selected in Aug 2019
147 selected in Nov 2019
just over 4000 ERRs no way to know how many facilities any individual put in for.
where one person can move 4 times before another is ever even considered to move once... amount of transfers is a garbage metric to use to try and define success.

162 selected in Aug 2019
147 selected in Nov 2019
This is a clear argument in favor of NCEPT that the union leadership and agency will both use and have used. Movement skyrocketed under NCEPT. And 5 year release dates have been eliminated. But don't @ me bros, I get it there are serious drawbacks.

where one person can move 4 times before another is ever even considered to move once... amount of transfers is a garbage metric to use to try and define success.
I agree, they throw in your face the amount of transfers and use that as a win, but alone it says nothing. But the training success rate for transfers has been about 60-65% only. It’s like saying a QB threw 50 passes and saying nothing else about the game. Did he throw for 450 yards and 5 TD or was he throwing all game because the team was getting blown out all game? People who turn offers down they also include in that number.

Back
Top Bottom