Are you working six-day weeks?

FightingIrish2012

Legendary Member
I'm curious about this, I don't think it's nearly as widespread as many people think. On these threads I always hear people mention "six-day weeks", people on the NATCA FB page would complain about them (until NATCA banned all commenting), people waiting to go to the academy talk about it like it's a universal work condition, and it is a post-COVID stereotype, but I wonder how many facilities are really on scheduled six-day weeks? I bet it is only 10% of facilities or so. I had decent amounts of OT this year but nothing close to mandatory six-day weeks. I think that is the actual case in most facilities with mandatory OT each week or pay period being rare.

So don't quote where you are at obviously, but are you on six-day work weeks?

No. We are so short supervisors right now its more common to get a CIC shift than an OT shift. We had a "fair amount" of OT this summer, meaning I maybe worked 3 OT shifts. Level 10 tracon.

Last edited:
My center has 5 of 6 areas on mandatory 6 day work weeks. It’s been that way since traffic picked up after covid. Even before covid half the areas were working 6 days a week.

On these threads I always hear people mention "six-day weeks", people on the NATCA FB page would complain about them (until NATCA banned all commenting)

?

giphy.gif

We have about 4 or 5 people on the yes list, they are 6 days almost every week. And people on the no list get assigned every other or every 3 weeks. I got called every first RDO for 9 weeks straight and never answered. I think they just stopped calling me for sick hits lol.

My facility is going to be at minimum staffing in December. The people leaving are either being forced to retire due to age or taking sup bids elsewhere, so the agency has known for many months that we’re going to minimums and hasn’t given us any trainees (and I never see us on any academy lists that are posted). At least half the facility will be on mandatory 6 days

Yes, aside from weekends connected to bid leave. No list, have had it every week since spring, I’ve got my first regular 2 day coming up in oct. Fall/winter months is every otherish for no listers.

Back
Top Bottom