ATSA Compilation

The ATCprep application that this forum shares. It is completely accurate and the best way to prepare. Everything else is based on your performance and accuracy and time management in answering the logic portion as well as paragraph(s) analysis.

I am not sure what software is shared on this forum. Is it something that you purchased? Do you have a website link to direct me to? Did you just use what was posted at the beginning of this forum or did you purchase a software to use?

I am not sure what software is shared on this forum. Is it something that you purchased? Do you have a website link to direct me to?
Just took the the test this AM and here are my take always:
1. ATCprep software is accurate
2. Practice radar sim on level difficult
3. Math problems on sim vary: although I was relying on process of elimination based on the last digit (answers), there were some solutions that entailed the same last digit
4. Radar sim in the actual test is very fast! Math problems dissapeae quickly
5. Memorizing variables and solving for variables: easy.
6. With exception to the radar sim problems I noticed that NONE of the answers exceed the value of 9. For example= A= 4 B= 2 C= 1 what is A,b,c?
Also, A=2 B=1+A, C= A/1 and so on
7. For the logical questions, read carefully. With the exception for the Louise goes to store before Adam and Jessica goes after Trevor but before Louise etc. everything else seemed quite easy.
8. Spatial: is the small aircraft R/L from you? Easy!
9. Spatial: the eye ball will and will not appear in the same subsection. This may throw off some people. I practiced this particular exercise a few times before proceeding with the actual test section.
10. The testing facility I went to, wasn’t quite pleased. They left the testing door open and there was lots of noise. Not sure if I can provide feedback regarding this.
11. On one of the sections, when I entered the answer (numerical value), and I knew it was the right answer- I would be given a beeping sound when pressing a key and it would do this for several of attempts. I notified the proctor, pressed the same answer multiple times and after about 5xs, it FinAlly let me proceed.
12. The computer during practicing sections of the real test, kept on freezing.

I hope I passed! Good luck to all. Feel free to ask away, and I’ll try to answer quickly. Other than that-

I just bought the ATC software. When you are doing the prep using the software, it shows each number individually for the guess the correct # with the correct letter...is that how the test is, too? Also, for the one where you have to solve a math problem and not collide the blue squares together, did you have more than 3 on the screen at a time?

I just bought the ATC software. When you are doing the prep using the software, it shows each number individually for the guess the correct # with the correct letter...is that how the test is, too? Also, for the one where you have to solve a math problem and not collide the blue squares together, did you have more than 3 on the screen at a time?
The post you quoted has the answers to your questions, as well as numerous other posts on this thread.

The software is accurate for practicing 50% of the actual ATSA (rest are logic and paragraph analysis. This section is “common sense” and attention to detail. Your answers are in front of you, just read carefully and execute smartly) and for the radar sim, there are multiple scenarios that include all 9 possible objects that will enter simultaneously and can potentionally collide at very quick speeds! Be mentally prepared for all scenarios to exhaust all 9 objects at the quickest level possible. Prioritize and accurately assess as quickly as you can (during these scenarios where 9 objects were included, there was no possible way for me to correctly solve the mathmateical portion). I know I didn’t do as well as I would like to have done in this specific subsection. I didn’t expect multiple scenarios to exhaust all 9 objects at such great speed, simultaneously.

Last edited:
Hi. My wife is going to be taking the test. We downloaded the atcprep app on our tablet and I noticed they have the ATSA sections, along with the ATSAT sub sections. I took the test about 4 years ago and we just had the ATSAT sections. I know they’ve changed the test, so I guess my question is, what have they kept from the original ATSAT to go along with these new sections? Did they keep the angles and letter factory and all of that? Sorry if I missed this throughout the thread somewhere else. Thank you in advance!

Hi. My wife is going to be taking the test. We downloaded the atcprep app on our tablet and I noticed they have the ATSA sections, along with the ATSAT sub sections. I took the test about 4 years ago and we just had the ATSAT sections. I know they’ve changed the test, so I guess my question is, what have they kept from the original ATSAT to go along with these new sections? Did they keep the angles and letter factory and all of that? Sorry if I missed this throughout the thread somewhere else. Thank you in advance!
Ignore everything in the ATSAT section.

So just took my test this morning, a little more difficult than anticipated. It was very manageable though. I had a little trouble with the collision avoidance and math at the same time. Focused more on collision avoidance so I know I didn't do stellar on the math side of that. Any clue as to how that section is weighed when calculating the entire score for the whole test? The other stuff was fairly simple though.

So just took my test this morning, a little more difficult than anticipated. It was very manageable though. I had a little trouble with the collision avoidance and math at the same time. Focused more on collision avoidance so I know I didn't do stellar on the math side of that. Any clue as to how that section is weighed when calculating the entire score for the whole test? The other stuff was fairly simple though.

When I took it last year I pretty much focused solely on collision avoidance. Didn't have any collisions and did the math if I had time and passed. Good luck man.

How are the reading comprehension and logical reasoning sections? Are there any good websites to use to practice for those sections?

Took the ATSA OCT 23, the only thing I didn't feel prepared for was how fast the visual perception section moved through. Not sure I did great on that one but I feel fairly confident on most of it. ATC Prep was definitely helpful in getting used to the mechanics

Took the AT-SA on October 26th. Anyone know when the last test date is for this group? From my understanding a week or so after the LAST test date is when your status gets changed from "Referred" or "Not Referred".

Also I thought the test was pretty easy. Basic math and memory stuff. Hardest part for me was the math stuff with the collision avoidance. I think I had two or three collisions and answered the math problems if I could. Word of advice follow the instructions on the computer and the ones the administrators give you. Also do the practice tests before hand that are offered before you start the actual test, it'll give you a feel for the test and it also gives you stats for how well you did and what not.

Took the ATSA OCT 23, the only thing I didn't feel prepared for was how fast the visual perception section moved through. Not sure I did great on that one but I feel fairly confident on most of it. ATC Prep was definitely helpful in getting used to the mechanics

Were you practicing the ATC prep on level difficult?

So I finished the AT-SA in 1 hour... I also didn't have any logic questions all I had was the "Memory Game", "Memory Variables", "Spatial Relationships" and "ATC Simulation". I didn't have any logic questions or personality questions. Did I not complete the test?

So I finished the AT-SA in 1 hour... I also didn't have any logic questions all I had was the "Memory Game", "Memory Variables", "Spatial Relationships" and "ATC Simulation". I didn't have any logic questions or personality questions. Did I not complete the test?
Lol yea you didn’t do part 2. Good luck passing.

When i took it we were told by the proctors to get their attention at the end of the first part so they could set up the next one...

Lol

Where and when did you take the test?

Back
Top Bottom