ATSA Compilation

How’d you do on that simulation? I didn’t do too well on that one at first, because I didn’t realize that the time I took to take one of the aircrafts out of the collision was being timed haha. I did much better my second time around.
The first one was really glitchy for me.. I tried to do the most difficult setting and the dots would freeze sometimes for up to 1-3 seconds LOL. So it was at times impossible to get the answer. For the math it was pretty easy actually. I think during the test I am going to focus on the collisions first hand and then do the math. On the practice test I got a 65% on the second run

Just took the ATSA, did the radar separation part first with remembering what numbers go before each and all that, then signed in to do the questionnaire, deductive reasoning and all that. After my third test the screen just said, thanks for taking part 1 of the ATSA. Did I end up taking part 2 before 1? This site seems clueless and I don’t even know if the damn thing submitted.

How heavy is the math on the radar simulation part of the test? anybody who actually took the ATSA please let me know. I am so anxious to take my test tomorrow!

Thanks for the support everyone and feedback. Luckily my mom has a older computer with Windows on it! So I was able to do it on there. I twas pretty interesting though as the simulation for the collision would freeze for a second or two and mess up the results/% I got correct but everything else was fine.

FutureATC did u buy the software from atcprep.com? I know there were a few ppl that were initially skeptical about that site...

How heavy is the math on the radar simulation part of the test? anybody who actually took the ATSA please let me know. I am so anxious to take my test tomorrow!
I just took the ATSA, there are so many targets converging the second they enter the screen that I wasn't able to do much math. Also, the math problems only showed for about 3 seconds so I clear a target then look down and read "32+12=" sweet I can answer tha...crap I missed it. There were also a lot of 44x17= type problems that I could only guess at.

Which parts of the at-sat prep should we do on the atcprep.com software? I’ve only been doing the atsa and math parts, but I’ve seen a few people say to do some of the at-sat parts.

When I took it last year, I focused most of my energy on removing as few dots as possible to avoid an incident. Then if I had time for the math, I guessed quickly. I probably didn't answer 30% of the math problems. I passed.

Are the math answers on the collision avoidance in order similar to the ones on the ATCPrep.com simulation? On a question like 44*20 would the answers be something like 878, 879, 880, 881?

Took the ATSA yesterday. While practicing, the logic portion gave me the most trouble (it was the least intuitive IMO), but during the actual test I didn't think they were hard at all. It was the spatial orientation of the airliner/GA that got me. I was practicing at WAY too slow a speed. Think more like the aircraft are up on screen for 1.5 seconds max, then disappear. Better answer quickly! That and the math problems would disappear and I'd try to get in an answer and I would answer the next question immediately as it popped up. Very frustrating!

I'm just gonna go ahead and assume I didn't make the cut, but hey, time will tell!

Good luck to everybody else!

Took the ATSA yesterday. While practicing, the logic portion gave me the most trouble (it was the least intuitive IMO), but during the actual test I didn't think they were hard at all. It was the spatial orientation of the airliner/GA that got me. I was practicing at WAY too slow a speed. Think more like the aircraft are up on screen for 1.5 seconds max, then disappear. Better answer quickly! That and the math problems would disappear and I'd try to get in an answer and I would answer the next question immediately as it popped up. Very frustrating!

I'm just gonna go ahead and assume I didn't make the cut, but hey, time will tell!

I’ve seen people on the atcprep ATSA software board say to practice the collision thing on hard and the rest on medium, so that’s what I’ve been doing. It’s pretty fast on hard, so I’m assuming that’s how it will be on the test.

That happened to me as well when I took it last year. I and many others have said we focused more on avoiding collisions and didn't worry so much about the math. A lot of us passed but there's obviously more to the assessment than just that. Good Luck!

Alright guys I took the ATSA a couple hours ago and I am feeling alright. The last 3 parts of the test were interesting. I hope I did well enough!

Took the test a few hours ago. The first four sections are exactly like the practice stuff from ATCPrep. The hardest part was easily the logic questions where they ask you orders of certain people and who was in front of so and so, etc... It was mental abuse to the point I actually chuckled at how difficult some of them were. You are only given 20 minutes for 18 questions (for each the logic and reading comprehension parts) and I used every single second down to the last second and pretty much guessed on the very last problem. If anyone has specific questions feel free to PM me or post on here and I'll do my best to reply.

Took the test a few hours ago. The first four sections are exactly like the practice stuff from ATCPrep. The hardest part was easily the logic questions where they ask you orders of certain people and who was in front of so and so, etc... It was mental abuse to the point I actually chuckled at how difficult some of them were. You are only given 20 minutes for 18 questions (for each the logic and reading comprehension parts) and I used every single second down to the last second and pretty much guessed on the very last problem. If anyone has specific questions feel free to PM me or post on here and I'll do my best to reply.
Did you test in Vegas by any chance? Lol not to be creepy

For logic games, the best prep advice I could give you is to use LSAT logic games questions for practice. I was able to breeze through this section since the law school logic games are a lot harder. I would also encourage everyone to practice atcprep on difficult and not medium as suggested above, as you'll be better prepared for the actual speed and difficulty on the test.

You'll need at least a month to see any genuine improvement, imo. I took two months to study last year, and tested on the second to last possible day. The result was worth it (class date next month). Don't be in a rush, and give yourself as much time as you possibly can to work on speed, accurate responses, memory, and stamina (the test feels like it goes on forever).

Last edited:
For logic games, the best prep advice I could give you is to use LSAT logic games questions for practice. I was able to breeze through this section since the law school logic games are a lot harder. I would also encourage everyone to practice atcprep on difficult and not medium as suggested above, as you'll be better prepared for the actual speed and difficulty on the test.

You'll need at least a month to see any genuine improvement, imo. I took two months to study last year, and tested on the second to last possible day. The result was worth it (class date next month). Don't be in a rush, and give yourself as much time as you possibly can to work on speed, accurate responses, memory, and stamina (the test feels like it goes on forever).

I already took it so it’s too late for me to study lol it’s supposed to be difficult for everyone and I’m sure you can study but that doesn’t mean it’s not difficult.

Back
Top Bottom