ATSA Compilation

Finished my test. Took a lot out of me i feel it's one of those things that you either go in knowing or you don't there's no real preparing for it. It's my last chance since i turn 31 in January, wish me luck!

Question about ATCPrep... I've started scoring pretty highly/above the avg dotted line of People using ATCPrep- can anyone who got best qualified/got a TOL state if I am in decent shape? Aiming for all 90%+ across all categories now

Question about ATCPrep... I've started scoring pretty highly/above the avg dotted line of People using ATCPrep- can anyone who got best qualified/got a TOL state if I am in decent shape? Aiming for all 90%+ across all categories now

I have all 91%’s in 3/4 sections. Radar is my downfall that I’m currently working on for the next week until my test. I compared to a lot of my friends scores and it’s well above theirs so I’m hoping it’ll be good enough. I have friends who got their FOL’s that were scoring in the 70’s in all the sections, but it depends on how you stack up to everyone taking it this year, not in years past.

I have all 91%’s in 3/4 sections. Radar is my downfall that I’m currently working on for the next week until my test. I compared to a lot of my friends scores and it’s well above theirs so I’m hoping it’ll be good enough. I have friends who got their FOL’s that were scoring in the 70’s in all the sections, but it depends on how you stack up to everyone taking it this year, not in years past.

Do you mind telling me what settings you're using for each section?

I test tommorow , I've read everything online you Can read. This was by far the most helpful forum page i've seen. Kudos to the Operator who informed the info.

^ Good stuff. For the near impossible head math questions, remember to round to get you in the ballpark.
Ex. 2467.75 x 552.34 turns into...

2,500*500 =
250,000*5 =
The answer will be above 1,250,000.

Well Said , Helped A lot

Can anyone shed some light on the spatial/visual relationship portion? I am using the ATC prep and on the highest difficulty, my average is 95%. I don't believe that it is that simple. The instructions on this post seemingly say different that what is in the program. In the program, when the eyeball is present, is it as simple as answering the question from the PoV of the eye? Can I essentially leave out the Jumbo Jet from the equation?

I'm sure this has been asked before in this thread, I just really need the clarification.

Thanks!

Can anyone shed some light on the spatial/visual relationship portion? I am using the ATC prep and on the highest difficulty, my average is 95%. I don't believe that it is that simple. The instructions on this post seemingly say different that what is in the program. In the program, when the eyeball is present, is it as simple as answering the question from the PoV of the eye? Can I essentially leave out the Jumbo Jet from the equation?

I'm sure this has been asked before in this thread, I just really need the clarification.

Thanks!
No cus you have to say the direction related to the jumbo jet if you were looking at it from the eye

I take my test on the 7th been studying like crazy atcprep and jobtestprep scoring in upper 90%, usually 95-100's except the radar on which I am hitting 85%. my question is if there is any advice regarding the personality test

Thanks regarding any information

No cus you have to say the direction related to the jumbo jet if you were looking at it from the eye

So for example:
5B5I0wJ.png

The red plane is to the LEFT of the eyeball and to the RIGHT of the jumbo jet.

If I am understanding you correctly, you are saying this should be "NO". Essentially I am the eye and I am determining if the red plane is on the left or the right from my (eye) POV.

So for example:
5B5I0wJ.png

The red plane is to the LEFT of the eyeball and to the RIGHT of the jumbo jet.

If I am understanding you correctly, you are saying this should be "NO". Essentially I am the eye and I am determining if the red plane is on the left or the right from my (eye) POV.

It’ll be in reference to the plane, not your eyeball. The eyeball will be directly in front of the plane. The question will say either “left” or “right” and it’s in reference to the left or right of the plane while looking at the plane. So, if you’re looking at the plane and the little plane is on the right, it’s actually to the “left” of your perspective. It won’t have any of the crazy perspectives like you see in atcprep. Or so I think is how it went....lol I’ve seen too many tests at the academy to remember them all anymore.

One day, you too might have the chance to dread the day you go back to CAMI.

Edit:
Either way, it’ll have instructions and practice runs to go over it and help it make sense. As a final word of advice, something I’ve learned in my extremely short and limited interaction with the agency. Adapt on the fly. It won’t make sense and you’ll almost always be guaranteed not to have enough info, but you gotta roll with it.

Last edited:
It’ll be in reference to the plane, not your eyeball. The eyeball will be directly in front of the plane. The question will say either “left” or “right” and it’s in reference to the left or right of the plane while looking at the plane. So, if you’re looking at the plane and the little plane is on the right, it’s actually to the “left” of your perspective. It won’t have any of the crazy perspectives like you see in atcprep. Or so I think is how it went....lol I’ve seen too many tests at the academy to remember them all anymore.

One day, you too might have the chance to dread the day you go back to CAMI.

Edit:
Either way, it’ll have instructions and practice runs to go over it and help it make sense. As a final word of advice, something I’ve learned in my extremely short and limited interaction with the agency. Adapt on the fly. It won’t make sense and you’ll almost always be guaranteed not to have enough info, but you gotta roll with it.

Thanks a ton man.
Would this be a better representation of how the eye would appear in the actual ATSA? Left of the plane, but to the right of the plane from my perspective. So in this case, the answer is no?
0fF4WhR.png

Thanks a ton man.
Would this be a better representation of how the eye would appear in the actual ATSA? Left of the plane, but to the right of the plane from my perspective. So in this case, the answer is no?
0fF4WhR.png

Closer, put the eyeball directly on the nose of the big airplane and then it would be a good representation of it. But I believe the answer you provided is correct. Since it’s to the right of your perspective, then it would be no. I think, it really has been about a year since I took the test and the test is only a few hours long. I can’t emphasize enough that I think that’s how it goes. Don’t get too hung up on what one person says, go into it with an open mind and ready to adapt.

Hey all,

thanks for the great information. I take the test tomorrow and was wondering what I needed to bring. I know it said two id's and to be sure to arrive early, but do I need to print something off as well? Email confirmation or something? I remember seeing that I was supposed to but looking through all my documents, there is not mention of it...

Let me know!

Hey all,

thanks for the great information. I take the test tomorrow and was wondering what I needed to bring. I know it said two id's and to be sure to arrive early, but do I need to print something off as well? Email confirmation or something? I remember seeing that I was supposed to but looking through all my documents, there is not mention of it...

Let me know!
Just two forms of ID (check the list on acceptable ones ), and yourself. Do be early by about 30 mins.

Took the test, I thought I did good...would love to have been able to take it all again though, I know I can do better...

However, if I did fail, can I submit an application in the future and try again?

Took the test, I thought I did good...would love to have been able to take it all again though, I know I can do better...

However, if I did fail, can I submit an application in the future and try again?

Yes, you can reapply for the next bid (between January 2020 - and probably June/July again). Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom