August (Q4) 2022

The August monthly PPT is out (not the one used for the NCEPT). I've looked at the numbers, and it's a little interesting.

Round 2 will not exist if they follow the rules that have been laid out and the numbers stay the same. No facility meets the level 4-7, 90% current CPC, 100% projected target.

There are 18 facilities that can either gain or release in Round 1, so I'm not sure how that will be handled since the facilities can only do one or the other according to the rules.

The August monthly PPT is out (not the one used for the NCEPT). I've looked at the numbers, and it's a little interesting.

Round 2 will not exist if they follow the rules that have been laid out and the numbers stay the same. No facility meets the level 4-7, 90% current CPC, 100% projected target.

There are 18 facilities that can either gain or release in Round 1, so I'm not sure how that will be handled since the facilities can only do one or the other according to the rules.
Who's going to be the MVP and post it lol

Also my current facility is at 90.8% current CPC and we are projected at 106. But if we release 1 in round 1 we can't release in round 2

Who's going to be the MVP and post it lol

Also my current facility is at 90.8% current CPC and we are projected at 106. But if we release 1 in round 1 we can't release in round 2
My fault initially... not sure what happened, but yes there are facilities eligible to release in round 2.

What is the magic percentage and percentage to target in order to release this NCEPT?
the next NCEPT will be held on August 23 per the KSN. The August PPT is scheduled to be released on July 27.

August NCEPT temporary modifications
Facilities are either designated as “gaining” or “releasing” facilities for each round.

Round 1
• Releasing facility must be at or above 85% current % CPC to Target (column L of the PPT) and at or above 85% Projected % to Target (column AA of the PPT)
• Releases stop when the facility drops below 85% Current or Projected % to Target
• Gaining facility must be below the Projected National Average (top of column AA of the
PPT)*
• The order of gaining facilities will be based on the most recent decision lens agreement**
• Selections for a single facility will not exceed ten (10) during this panel

Round 2
• Releasing facility must be an ATC-4 through ATC-7 that is currently at or above 90% Current % CPC to Target and at or above 100% Projected % to Target
• Releases stop when the facility drops below 90% Current or 100% Projected % to Target
• Gaining facilities will be considered only from the ATC-8/9s and may be filled until
selection reach a Projected % to Target of 100%
• The order of gaining facilities will be based on the most recent decision lens agreement**
• Gaining facility Trainee to Total Controller ratio is less than 30%

The panel reserves the right to address extraordinary circumstances on an as needed basis. *Projected National Average percentage will be published in the PPT on 08/03/2022

**Decision lens is part of NCEPT data execution on 08/04/2022 Releases

NCEPT Timeline
• Monday, 25 July – ERR submission deadline
• Friday, 29 July – Final day for Facilities to update staffing in SWB
• Tuesday, 2 August – HR Staffing Workbook entries completed
• Wednesday, 3 August – Facility Priority Placement Tool
• Thursday, 4 August – NCEPT data executed
• Monday, 8 August – HR resume upload begins
• Friday, 12 August – HR resume upload complete
• Monday, 15 August – Manager Ranking List published (Opened)
• Friday, 19 August – Manager Rankings completed (Closed)
• Monday, 22 August – P21 prepares data for NCEPT board
• Tuesday, 23 August – NCEPT convenes/adjourns

Category 1: Release dates shall be within three (3) months of selection, or at the election of the employee no later than six (6) months.

Category 2: Release dates shall be within twelve (12) months of selection.

Post NCEPT Selection Meeting Timeline
4th Quarter (August) NCEPT Selection Dates:

• NCEPT meeting adjourns August 23rd

TOL sent to employees no later than September 7, 2022 (two weeks)
• Clock starts August 24, 2022

Category 1 Three month release date
• November 21, 2022 PP25

Category 2 One Year Release Date
• August 28, 2023 PP18

“Gaining facility must be below the Projected National Average (top of column AA of the
PPT)*”

This one seems like the worst addition. So not only do you have to be above to release, but now you can get throttled if the place you wants to go is projected too well? Some math wizard will have to decipher what and who can even gain if so.

Also separate question, if I submitted a packet months ago, but want to add whatever new additional documents, should I just send it again as if I don’t already have one in or call HR and let them know to add those to my previous packet if able? Probably answered somewhere before but I’m lazy and not at work, sorry.

“Gaining facility must be below the Projected National Average (top of column AA of the
PPT)*”

This one seems like the worst addition. So not only do you have to be above to release, but now you can get throttled if the place you wants to go is projected too well? Some math wizard will have to decipher what and who can even gain if so.

Also separate question, if I submitted a packet months ago, but want to add whatever new additional documents, should I just send it again as if I don’t already have one in or call HR and let them know to add those to my previous packet if able? Probably answered somewhere before but I’m lazy and not at work, sorry.
Yes this new rule has purely made it so you can only go from a good staffed place to a poor staffed place. There is 0% trying to help people move up in career and 100% even out the staffing.

Yes this new rule has purely made it so you can only go from a good staffed place to a poor staffed place. There is 0% trying to help people move up in career and 100% even out the staffing.
THIS is why I don't understand why NATCA agreed to this NCEPT. It's NOT (and shouldn't be) the responsibility of the Union to "fix" the FAA's inability to effectively manage the way it hires/staffs. The ONLY thing the Union should care about is members' career progression and quality of life - where do people want to call "home".

All that's happening is lower and mid level facility are staying better staffed because nobody at those facilities is going to ERR to the less desirable ones. It's also the FAA's (and partially the Union's) fault why nobody wants to go to those less desirable places.

In case you folk didn't know, you can access the KSN website from home to access the NCEPT website. When you get to the log-in screen, from the drop down list, select "FAA" and enter the same information as you do on CEDAR.

Here's the link:

PPT)*”

This is standard. Air quotes. Gaining facilities have always selected up to projected national avg in round 1. There have been Covid panels where the caps have stopped receiving facilities lower than that. Also some where they only selected up to 85. But there’s nothing new about this rule.

If 2 or more facilities, lets say lvl 8 or 9s are projected at 90% who would pick first in round 2?

I'm really curious to see how they are going to handle the facilities that can both gain and release in Round 1. I wonder if they will just go down the priority list and if someone gets picked up from there, they just won't be able to gain then? I'm not sure.

THIS is why I don't understand why NATCA agreed to this NCEPT. It's NOT (and shouldn't be) the responsibility of the Union to "fix" the FAA's inability to effectively manage the way it hires/staffs. The ONLY thing the Union should care about is members' career progression and quality of life - where do people want to call "home".

All that's happening is lower and mid level facility are staying better staffed because nobody at those facilities is going to ERR to the less desirable ones. It's also the FAA's (and partially the Union's) fault why nobody wants to go to those less desirable places.

In case you folk didn't know, you can access the KSN website from home to access the NCEPT website. When you get to the log-in screen, from the drop down list, select "FAA" and enter the same information as you do on CEDAR.

Here's the link:

After you're in the KSN home page, where do you go to view the NCEPT page?

Hmm when I search for NCEPT or any variation of that it just says no results. strange
From the link, select:
-"Logon Page" toward the bottom
-Where it says "Domain Name", select the drop down arrow and select "FAA".
-Log-in w/ your CEDAR credential name and password
-Upper right in "Search", type "NCEPT"

Does anyone know how getting a cat 2 release bumped up to a cat 1 works? Example: you get picked up this panel cat 2. Then in 2 months someone certifies and your facility release category becomes cat 1. Do you automatically get your release moved up if you want it? Does the 3 month timer start from when the facility becomes cat 1?

Back
Top Bottom