August (Q4) 2022

THIS is why I don't understand why NATCA agreed to this NCEPT. It's NOT (and shouldn't be) the responsibility of the Union to "fix" the FAA's inability to effectively manage the way it hires/staffs. The ONLY thing the Union should care about is members' career progression and quality of life - where do people want to call "home".

All that's happening is lower and mid level facility are staying better staffed because nobody at those facilities is going to ERR to the less desirable ones. It's also the FAA's (and partially the Union's) fault why nobody wants to go to those less desirable places.

In case you folk didn't know, you can access the KSN website from home to access the NCEPT website. When you get to the log-in screen, from the drop down list, select "FAA" and enter the same information as you do on CEDAR.

Here's the link:

They didn’t agree to it. They authored it.

Will CLT be a gaining or releasing? They're below column AA, but are eligible to release 3?

Is there a way to see how many people have ERRs in to places? Aside from the manager ranking list? Last NCEPT the facilities we wanted could only pick up round 2 so only lower level facilities are listed on there…

Is there a way to see how many people have ERRs in to places? Aside from the manager ranking list? Last NCEPT the facilities we wanted could only pick up round 2 so only lower level facilities are listed on there…
I know at least as of a couple years ago when a manager was doing their ranking list, they could view the list for any other facility in the NAS too.

So that’s one way you could see that in advance. But you need to have a manager who would look that stuff up for you, and they probably created a “patch” since then where facilities can only view their own list. They scrub all the records of meeting minutes for NCEPT and NEST panels so I bet they restrict some ATM access now too.

I know at least as of a couple years ago when a manager was doing their ranking list, they could view the list for any other facility in the NAS too.

So that’s one way you could see that in advance. But you need to have a manager who would look that stuff up for you, and they probably created a “patch” since then where facilities can only view their own list. They scrub all the records of meeting minutes for NCEPT and NEST panels so I bet they restrict some ATM access now too.
They have made it so managers can only see theirs. Only way I think is possible is if you FOIA the staffing workbook(SWB). Not sure if they will give it out, but I’d assume they would block out names and PPI.

There’s been almost 5000 in the system continuously for years.

They have made it so managers can only see theirs. Only way I think is possible is if you FOIA the staffing workbook(SWB). Not sure if they will give it out, but I’d assume they would block out names and PPI.
SWB doesn’t have this information.

Can some please help me clarify:

On the NCEPT Monthly Facility Status and Priority (July 2022) GFK is ranked #35.

However, when you open the Priority Placement Tool excel sheet, they are above 88.5% (column AA) which according to the “rounds” would make them ineligible to gain someone as they are at 89.6%.

So, in other words, how can a facility be #35 for placement yet not be able to gain? Or are they able to gain & if so how?

All these #s are from today 8/3/22.

Thanks!

So, in other words, how can a facility be #35 for placement yet not be able to gain? Or are they able to gain & if so how?

All these #s are from today 8/3/22.

Thanks!
IMO, It is for PRIORITY placement. meaning that's how much that facility means to the NAS priority to staffing numbers. So if the staffing number drops a lot you could have a level 6 be ranked high.

You can have higher ranked facilities not select as well, those are the temporary rules at play/dYnAmIc dEcIsIoNs

IMO, It is for PRIORITY placement. meaning that's how much that facility means to the NAS priority to staffing numbers. So if the staffing number drops a lot you could have a level 6 be ranked high.

You can have higher ranked facilities not select as well, those are the temporary rules at play/dYnAmIc dEcIsIoNs
Hmmm. Thanks. I think I follow what your saying. And by that, we don’t know?

Back
Top Bottom