Best band you ever saw live

Sevendust at culture room Ft Lauderdale. Venue really made it better than a huge amphitheater.

Grew up going to Culture Room. Saw many local shows there. Are they still around?

I love music more than anything, and live music is just the bees knees. Left me with a sense of awe?

Rob Zombie. He paused his set for like 15 minutes until all the ppl put their phones down and just rocked out instead of being robots. His stage presence is top tier.

Weezer. Album quality music but literally did not move an inch.

Tom Petty and Joe Walsh rocking the fuck out on Toms opening night of 40th anniversary show.

Paul McCartney. Went to a huugeee festival (Desert Trip) and wasnt expecting much outta his set. Blown away.

Tool on Halloween night in the desert. No further info needed tbh.

Forgot Rob Zombie. Saw him when he opened for Korn on the Follow the Leader tour. It was incredible (also my first concert so...)

C
Grew up going to Culture Room. Saw many local shows there. Are they still around?

Forgot Rob Zombie. Saw him when he opened for Korn on the Follow the Leader tour. It was incredible (also my first concert so...)
Culture room is still going. revolution is temp closed. I know Churchill’s down south had some drama recently about owner vs previous owner, but I didn’t go down there often so I’m not in the loop. Currently out of state due to placement but looking forward to getting back when I can.

You are a poser. Real fans smoke a half ounce of weed and watch all their music videos with the lights off then when they come down they take 2 hits of acid and look at the album art then the entire catalog Alex Grey. Maybe you were employed by the FAA by the time you saw them and couldn’t. Sorry I called you a poser. I’ve been known to rush to judgement on this site. But hey. Glad you enjoyed the show. They are great.

Seriously though...saw them at the 3rd Lollapalooza and a few years later on Aenima tour. Was a great time to be alive.

Avenged sevenfold? Wow that’s awful. You need to get out more. Or go get your ears checked again in that weird little box.
You’d be hard pressed to find a more talented group of musicians in a rock band these days. I’m not their biggest fan but they definitely have some good music.

You’d be hard pressed to find a more talented group of musicians in a rock band these days. I’m not their biggest fan but they definitely have some good music.
They are like dream theatre meets hate breed wrapped in an affliction T-shirt. Just because you can play your instruments well doesn’t mean it always sounds good.

They are like dream theatre meets hate breed wrapped in an affliction T-shirt. Just because you can play your instruments well doesn’t mean it always sounds good.

Quite possibly the only thing we’ve ever agreed on. Having to listen to them makes me envious of deaf people.
They do seem like douchers if you look at them. And personally I’m mad at them for stealing the drummer from my favorite band. But I’ll stand by that they do have some good stuff.

Dream Theater was a snoozefest when I saw them. Everyone in the band is a virtuoso but they drag out the technical stuff to such a degree I ended up tuning out during long stretches. And I really like prog otherwise.

Dream Theater was a snoozefest when I saw them. Everyone in the band is a virtuoso but they drag out the technical stuff to such a degree I ended up tuning out during long stretches. And I really like prog otherwise.
Have you ever listened to Periphery? If not, they're big in the Prog scene and well worth a listen.

One year ago today, I saw one of my favorite live concerts: Bob Segar and the Silver Bullet Band

Other great concerts
Santana and The Allman Brothers Band
Gov’t Mule (Saw them last year too)
Tedeschi Trucks Band (saw them twice)
STYX and Yes
Cheap Trick and Aerosmith
Saw Journey twice. Heart opened for the first concert and Night Ranger and Foreigner opened for the second one.

Worst
Bob Dylan (his band was great though)

One year ago today, I saw one of my favorite live concerts: Bob Segar and the Silver Bullet Band

Other great concerts
Santana and The Allman Brothers Band
Gov’t Mule (Saw them last year too)
Tedeschi Trucks Band (saw them twice)
STYX and Yes
Cheap Trick and Aerosmith
Saw Journey twice. Heart opened for the first concert and Night Ranger and Foreigner opened for the second one.

Worst
Bob Dylan (his band was great though)
Love Bobby D as a songwriter, hate him as a singer/songwriter.

Back
Top Bottom