Best band you ever saw live

im rewlly not a fan of big venues anymore. Give me a club sized venue any day over something like MSG or Citi Field. Even a mediocre band seems awesome when it’s a smaller setting
I don’t go to arena shows anymore. They just aren’t worth it. It’s not fun being far away, if you want to be close you have to pay out the ass and the acoustics are never as good as a smaller place.

I don’t go to arena shows anymore. They just aren’t worth it. It’s not fun being far away, if you want to be close you have to pay out the ass and the acoustics are never as good as a smaller place.
Yeah. I was like 10 rows back at a chili peppers show at KFC yum center and it's was so lame compared to theaters or small rooms. Gimme a dirt floor in an old hangar for a ten dollar ticket.

Any stop any year Warped Tour was so much fun. 30 minutes for every band no matter how big or small, 6 or 7 stages, listening to great bands and always finding a band you love that you had no idea existed, the last time I found Don Bronco, really cool band and if you have 4 minutes to spare great song and great video

Manchester Orchestra, Brand New, Darkest Hour, Every Time I Die, Parkway Drive, and Animals as Leadeds are the most fun shows I've been to. I refused to pick a single one over the other because I've seen them all with different people in all sorts of different venues and couldn't make up my mind.

One that I haven't seen yet, but am killing to, is Red Fang.

Edit: I guess to comply with the header I should pick one so of all of them I would pick Darkest Hour for personal preference and the show was killer.

I've seen the black keys like 4 or 5 times over the years they put on a consistently good show in both large and small venues.

Personal favorite was seeing one of my favorite local bands from OKC in Brooklyn at a hipster venue just because it was a cool experience and out hipstering the Brooklyn trust fund babies was hilarious.

Best crowd energy....Flogging Molly on st pattys, or 311 probably.

Biggest spectacle.... GWAR. That shit was crazy. I think everyone should go to a gwar show at least once.

I like going to local shows in tiny venues a lot. It's always better than big concerts, some of my favorite college/early post college memories were at a local dive that did music every night.

I've seen the black keys like 4 or 5 times over the years they put on a consistently good show in both large and small venues.

Personal favorite was seeing one of my favorite local bands from OKC in Brooklyn at a hipster venue just because it was a cool experience and out hipstering the Brooklyn trust fund babies was hilarious.

Best crowd energy....Flogging Molly on st pattys, or 311 probably.

Biggest spectacle.... GWAR. That shit was crazy. I think everyone should go to a gwar show at least once.

I like going to local shows in tiny venues a lot. It's always better than big concerts, some of my favorite college/early post college memories were at a local dive that did music every night.
I almost made a Gwar joke earlier but didn’t think anyone would get it. Their following is insane

I almost made a Gwar joke earlier but didn’t think anyone would get it. Their following is insane
I mean I wouldn't consider myself a gwar fan, just aware of what thier shows entail and saw they were coming to town and some buddies and I were like.... Whelp we have to check this out.

Glad we did. I think I still have the stained up, stinky ass t shirt somewhere.

I mean I wouldn't consider myself a gwar fan, just aware of what thier shows entail and saw they were coming to town and some buddies and I were like.... Whelp we have to check this out.

Glad we did. I think I still have the stained up, stinky ass t shirt somewhere.
I saw GWAR as part of a festival. I was expecting a gimmick band and while they certainly had a gimmick, they were excellent!

GWAR is from Richmond, Virginia. I hail from Richmond. One of them owns a bar with AMAZING food and big tittied goth girls working the bar.

To answer the post: First concert was Metallica on their Reload tour. I was in 7th grade so...’97? It was pretty awesome (before they REALLY sold out)

currently I’d say Thursday and Touché Amore have been my favorites to see multiple times. Tiny MovingParts gets a mention for A. Sounding awesome live and B. Amazing energy

I've seen flogging molly 3 times and it's just as great every time. They don't play huge venues so you get a good crowd size without being too crazy to have a good time and everyone attending loves it all the same.

Back
Top Bottom