Building an Arrival

GulfCharlie

Comrade Commissar
FAA
Facility
Command Center
Currently working on a very rough draft with regards to an arrival (9/8 config, 26/27 config) and am curious if anyone has (or knows/uses) done this before just using STARS. I have all my Lat/Longs (12 digits total per point) but short of using an online plotter is there a way I can plug them into STARS for test purposes only (much in the way we use multiple *T’s)?

You need access to TARGETS software, which is what we use to create or modify approaches and departure procedures. In TARGETS, you can pop in the lat/longs and then create a route to follow those points. Most fixes are already in the system so you'll be able to just input the fix names and they should populate on the screen.

Working on getting access to TARGETS (doesn’t look like it will happen though) these are brand new “fixes” for a presentation I’m working on and with preference given to STARS maps as opposed to google maps, that is what would be preferred.

You can use the restriction area function in stars I think it’s called open polygon. It should allow you to type in lat longs and create a point to point line.

You can do it in arcGIS. Maybe someone in r/arcgis can help you.

Back
Top Bottom