C90 Bid - AGL-AT-22-0073-76612

They are rescheduling TSEW classes. FML!!!
There's an instructor shortage. In the beginning of TSEW we had at least a dozen uninstructed runs in the lab. Instructors have been pulling doubles, which is insane. Hopefully it's all sorted soon and you get to the oh-so-wonderful world of MMAC soon.

There's an instructor shortage. In the beginning of TSEW we had at least a dozen uninstructed runs in the lab. Instructors have been pulling doubles, which is insane. Hopefully it's all sorted soon and you get to the oh-so-wonderful world of MMAC soon.
We have someone that was supposed to go to TSEW next week... he has been rescheduled for Feb.

We have someone that was supposed to go to TSEW next week... he has been rescheduled for Feb.
There's a contract negotiation going on. It's been pretty wild. Half our TSEW class are TETRA bound, so I think we're getting priority instructor staffing. I don't know how the other classes are or even if there's another current TSEW class. There are a lot of empty classrooms and labs.

There's a contract negotiation going on. It's been pretty wild. Half our TSEW class are TETRA bound, so I think we're getting priority instructor staffing. I don't know how the other classes are or even if there's another current TSEW class. There are a lot of empty classrooms and labs.
Priority for tetra so 90% can wash out and get offered level 8s

Priority for tetra so 90% can wash out and get offered level 8s
Washout rate isn't that high and also includes new hires not from the area that decide it's not affordable to wait around for a few years for traning on AG pay. Or those who go for move money, or those that decide long island isn't for them. I'm not saying it's easy to check out there, but there are more factors than just controllers can't hack it.

Washout rate isn't that high and also includes new hires not from the area that decide it's not affordable to wait around for a few years for traning on AG pay. Or those who go for move money, or those that decide long island isn't for them. I'm not saying it's easy to check out there, but there are more factors than just controllers can't hack it.
Even more reason to ask why they would prioritize N90 guys for TSEW so they can just add to the backlog there rather than let the other big tracons that desperately need bodies to have the tsew slots now and let N90 get priority again in the future. 43/57 of their current trainees are either AG or CPCIT0. I understand maybe prioritizing a level 8 and above radar cpc transfer, but definitely doesn't make sense to be sending local hire ots guys there right now.

Even more reason to ask why they would prioritize N90 guys for TSEW so they can just add to the backlog there rather than let the other big tracons that desperately need bodies to have the tsew slots now and let N90 get priority again in the future. 43/57 of their current trainees are either AG or CPCIT0. I understand maybe prioritizing a level 8 and above radar cpc transfer, but definitely doesn't make sense to be sending local hire ots guys there right now.
You're not wrong there and the answer to that question is waaaay above my pay grade. Seems like everywhere is hurting for controllers right now. And instructors. And RPOs. All the N90 folks in my class are CPC transfers.

You're not wrong there and the answer to that question is waaaay above my pay grade. Seems like everywhere is hurting for controllers right now. And instructors. And RPOs. All the N90 folks in my class are CPC transfers.
Yeah I guess the actual best solution is just to hire more in all facets of the process but since that's not gonna happen, the FAA is just going to divvy up it's limited resources as inefficiently as possible as government bureaucrats tend to do.

Yeah I guess the actual best solution is just to hire more in all facets of the process but since that's not gonna happen, the FAA is just going to divvy up it's limited resources as inefficiently as possible as government bureaucrats tend to do.
That's any large corporation or entity. You get ppl in positions of decision making that are out of touch with the realities and/or needs of the main work force and are unaffected by the outcome/s and so they don't care. Then all you're left with is knee jerk reactions and band-aids that still don't fix anything. N90 works quite a lot of traffic through complicated airspace so I get trying to staff them in earnest. The FAA hasn't met hiring goals in 5, 6 years? Maybe more? The ppl washing out from N90 aren't being fired they're being recycled back into the system. The problem is in hiring and successful training.

Cool story but when the hell are we gonna get offers I'm losing my damn mind
They're coming. Good luck
Talked to Jamal Haltom. There's a possibility of getting a waiver to start training on the Side/Foul Line and go to TSEW before starting the front line.

Back
Top Bottom