C90/N90 Bids

This is exactly what I'm afraid of with a terminal specialty. ATC is not worth it if you can't move up or transfer. I know current controllers need new hires to replace them so they can move up, but the new ERR/MOU makes it unappealing. I'm fine with working at a level 4 tower for a few years, but a life sentence? I don't blame you.

I'm curious as to whether certain facilities are being blocked from being released. There is a controller here trying to go to C90, has had his paperwork in for like a year, and hasn't heard a single thing yet.

C90 is only picking up from level 8 radar experience and higher right now.

If your facility is now full after you left and no more room for you, then you go back into the NEST. Otherwise, you'll go back
That's how the rest of the country works, C90/N90 is return rights and return rights only. Here's the MOU that pertains only to those two facilities.

C90 is only picking up from level 8 radar experience and higher right now.
RobertB was talking about his facility, A80 being blocked.

Attachments

• C90-N90 MOU as Amended 031616.pdf
    669.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Said controller did submit his paperwork correctly, according to them. They are going to follow up with HR and most likely be filing a grievance. Rumor is that there is an under the table deal where A80 and C90 don't "cherry pick" each other's CPCs. Why Chicago would take part in this when they have a lot more power than A80 because of the MOU is beyond me. I've heard this from people here and at C90.

Define "life sentence".

We'll be able to let probably 2 go per year if every single trainee we get certifies? That's if they stop deviating our controllers into sup jobs. We don't wash people out anymore, so the pilots here get what they get :) The only people leaving are probably to a top 3 in-demand facility every time, but I can't be sure since we haven't let anyone go yet. I've been here 5 years and trained way more than I should have. I just want to get back home but it won't happen with ncept. I guess it's not a life sentence if you're willing to go anywhere to get out or become a sup, but yeah 100% career-ending for me.

We'll be able to let probably 2 go per year if every single trainee we get certifies? That's if they stop deviating our controllers into sup jobs. We don't wash people out anymore, so the pilots here get what they get :) The only people leaving are probably to a top 3 in-demand facility every time, but I can't be sure since we haven't let anyone go yet. I've been here 5 years and trained way more than I should have. I just want to get back home but it won't happen with ncept. I guess it's not a life sentence if you're willing to go anywhere to get out or become a sup, but yeah 100% career-ending for me.
If you don't mind me asking, where's home?

Anyone have advice on where to go from here with a grievance?
Start with Article 42 section 11 in the cba. Based on that response, I would talk to the RVP about whether they'd be willing to bring this situation up to a higher level grievance. You would have to start with the facility grievance before it would be elevated. It may not be worth the low level grievance if the NATCA higher up aren't willing to bring the grievance outside the facility. If they won't help, you can go the merit system protection board route.

Anyone have advice on where to go from here with a grievance?
Also email the facrep and try to get it in writing that he wasn't selected because he's from A80. Doubtful that will be mentioned in the official FAA response, but if there's any sort of paper trail that's what's happening, it's an opening to pursue further action.

HR says list was sent to ATM and they chose not to select anyone from a80!
Well that's some baloney.
But just to be sure, he did make the referral list?
Because HR saying "ATM chose not to select anyone from A80" would still be true if he never made the referral list.

Well that's some baloney.
But just to be sure, he did make the referral list?
Because HR saying "ATM chose not to select anyone from A80" would still be true if he never made the referral list.
According to HR, he made the well qualified referral list and the ATM of C90 didn't choose him.

Amazing how raising the issue with the RVP and telling them we should be forcing the agency to follow their own guidelines and stop this kumbaya shit gets things done. Also, him calling HR and asking why he wasn't selected and requesting to know who and what qualifications the people being selected have over him. His status "magically" got changed yesterday to say,"You are among the best qualified candidates and have been referred for the next step in the selection process." Unfortunately, he has been referred before, but we will see if the ATM selects him this go around.

Back
Top Bottom