C90/N90 Bids

Dolan

Forum Sage
Anyone know how often they pull from the C90/N90 bids? I applied a while ago and haven't heard a peep

Anyone know how often they pull from the C90/N90 bids? I applied a while ago and haven't heard a peep

C90 does it once every couple months, and they only pick up a couple people at a time. That is the info the FACREP gave just a couple days ago.

Check your USA jobs. I applied in Sept, didn't hear a thing, happened to look on there in Dec and boom Not Hired :( I guess you don't get an email from USA jobs till the bid closes.

I don't know what facility you're applying from, but my recurrent training instructor said they are not taking anyone without radar experience and even with radar they're primarily taking people from 8's and above. I have no data except his word of mouth to prove it, but when he was at N90, he said people that were picked up from 7 and below towers had a 96% washout rate. Granted that could've been from people cheating the system prior to the new rules who went there with no intention of certifying and just wanted their nest list, but that's at least why they're not taking from low level towers now.

I'm at a level 6 up down. I don't know what the washout rate is but as far as getting picked up to begin with, I finally emailed HR because I felt like I was playing a game and no one would tell me the rules. HR told me that 8s and above with radar experience are on the "well qualified" list, everyone else is on the "qualified" list and they will only take the "qualified" people when the "well qualified" list is completely exhausted.

I but in a bid in early Nov and got referred in Dec. Early Jan I received an offer. From an 8 up down. Don't believe what your manager says when they say we can't release you due to low staffing. The people at N90/C90 have heard it before and know how to get you a quick release date.

I'm curious as to whether certain facilities are being blocked from being released. There is a controller here trying to go to C90, has had his paperwork in for like a year, and hasn't heard a single thing yet.

I'm curious as to whether certain facilities are being blocked from being released. There is a controller here trying to go to C90, has had his paperwork in for like a year, and hasn't heard a single thing yet.
Did he submit the right forms? Has he called to ask why?

If he does not have level 8 or higher radar experience he probably will not get an offer. They aren't taking lower level controllers, or tower only controllers even with higher level experience, until the more qualified list is totally gone - that's straight from the C90 FacRep and HR. He also needs to submit paperwork on USAjobs.gov via the bid there. They are no longer taking C90/N90 ERRs - this was as of the 3rd or 4th quarter 2016 NCEPT. The only way to get hired is to put in for the bid and go via the new N90/C90 MOU with the return rights stuff. If he did put his bid in via USAjobs he should check his account. I got the "not hired" status probably in early Dec, but didn't see it till after Christmas because you don't get an email about it until after the bid closes, which isn't till May.

If he does not have level 8 or higher radar experience he probably will not get an offer. They aren't taking lower level controllers, or tower only controllers even with higher level experience, until the more qualified list is totally gone - that's straight from the C90 FacRep and HR. He also needs to submit paperwork on USAjobs.gov via the bid there. They are no longer taking C90/N90 ERRs - this was as of the 3rd or 4th quarter 2016 NCEPT. The only way to get hired is to put in for the bid and go via the new N90/C90 MOU with the return rights stuff. If he did put his bid in via USAjobs he should check his account. I got the "not hired" status probably in early Dec, but didn't see it till after Christmas because you don't get an email about it until after the bid closes, which isn't till May.
RobertB works at A80. Basically C90's dream transfer.

No idea, but I went from center to terminal and it was a pretty big learning curve, but once you get it terminal is much more fun.

Back
Top Bottom