Change of station

Hello all, I'm getting a lot of conflicting information on this and am hoping someone can help clarify.

I ERRed from facility A to B less than 2 years ago. Recently I withdrew from training at B and am fast-tracking back to facility A.

HR has verified that I still have some change of station from my A to B transfer.

My questions are:

1) Do I need to use or lose my remaining A to B COS before my start date back at A? Or can I use it afterwards, as long as it within 2 years from my original release date to B?

2) Do I receive an additional 64 hours COS associated with my B to A transfer? Does the fact I withdrew rather than washed out have any bearing on whether I get this time?

3) (I am pretty confident about this but have also gotten conflicting info so just want to confirm...) As I understand it, Article 61 section 5 which says that training failures are not eligible for PCS benefits is not applicable to this situation, correct? PCS means move money and house hunting and has nothing to do with the 64 hours of excused absence for change of duty station?

Hello all, I'm getting a lot of conflicting information on this and am hoping someone can help clarify.

I ERRed from facility A to B less than 2 years ago. Recently I withdrew from training at B and am fast-tracking back to facility A.

HR has verified that I still have some change of station from my A to B transfer.

My questions are:

1) Do I need to use or lose my remaining A to B COS before my start date back at A? Or can I use it afterwards, as long as it within 2 years from my original release date to B?

2) Do I receive an additional 64 hours COS associated with my B to A transfer? Does the fact I withdrew rather than washed out have any bearing on whether I get this time?

3) (I am pretty confident about this but have also gotten conflicting info so just want to confirm...) As I understand it, Article 61 section 5 which says that training failures are not eligible for PCS benefits is not applicable to this situation, correct? PCS means move money and house hunting and has nothing to do with the 64 hours of excused absence for change of duty station?

Once you have a new tol, the old change of station disappears and you are eligible for a new 64 hours. How you transfer has no bearing on it. Change of duty station = 64 hours.

PCS is different, that's bid-specific. An err or training reassignment does not receive those benefits.

Once you have a new tol, the old change of station disappears and you are eligible for a new 64 hours. How you transfer has no bearing on it. Change of duty station = 64 hours.

PCS is different, that's bid-specific. An err or training reassignment does not receive those benefits.
What he said. You just get a new 64 hours.

Sounds like you better request some COS leave before the TOL shows up....

Well crap, too late for that. I still had some previous COS left over when I got the TOL for where I am now, and they let me finish using it before the new 64 hours, so I didn't think that would be the problem.

Back
Top Bottom